Away mode does not operate from sunset to sunrise

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-24 01:27:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I discovered this strange behavior of having plugs unable to start the sequence of away at sunset and end at sunrise the next day. Any ideas for a work around or am I blind? If it is a bug, when will it be fixed, or can it be. I cannot comprehend for any start time at sunset, there is NO sunrise for the next day. The cycle will work to 23:59, or 11:59pm. This is really beyon my comprehension. Thanks for any solutions. Seasons Greetings to all.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Away mode does not operate from sunset to sunrise
2018-03-15 19:04:40
I can’t get AWAY to work at all, even from 9pm to 11pm. I spent hours with tech support.... no luck.
Options
2018-03-18 04:16:18
Hi, am I confused, have selective vision, or an idiot, because 4 months have elapsed and a commitment was indicated that this will be corrected and nothing is done. They stated that it will be corrected at the beginning of 2018. Its now mid March and VERSION 2 just released as a major upgrade with NO CORRECTION to the problem. It will be very professional of Kasa to explain what the story as to what is actually happening. Any thoughts from out there???
Options
2018-03-19 15:20:07
has anyone sent suggestion to tp-link support? the more people contact them , the more they will take it seriously.
Options
2018-11-27 12:04:57 - last edited 2018-11-27 12:07:40

I am facing the exact same problem!

I just want to set my smart plug to be in Away Mode from SUNSET until SUNRISE. So when it is dark outside, I want the light connected to my smart plug to turn on and off randomly.

This cannot be so hard to do, but the Kasa app does not allow this configuration!

An error message pops up saying "Away Mode must start and end on the same day". This is extremely limiting and I think I will return my devices back because I cannot use them in the way I want.

Other than that, Away mode works fine for me - for example I can set the device to be in Away Mode from Sunrise until Sunset, as described in the FAQ. But that makes no sense for me, I don't want my lights to go on and off in the middle of the day when it is bright outside. I want them to go on and off when it is dark!

As a workaround, Kasa app could possibly allow to set two different away modes, like you set schedules. One from Sunset until 23.59 and one from 00.00 until Sunrise. But unfortunately you can only set one Away mode, not two, so that doesn't work either!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 710

Replies: 4