Google Home/Kasa Scenes issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-04 23:43:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I have 4 HS100 plugs all connected to various downstairs lights. When I set them up, I created a couple of 'scenes' within the Kasa app, and I have connected my TP account in the Google Home app.

These worked fine via Google mini voice control - turn all on / off type stuff.

I have since changed the scenes, so where the 'Lights off' would turn all 4 off, I only want it to turn 3 of the 4 off now. However, that voice command via the Google mini still turns all 4 off. It works fine directly from the Kasa app.

I have also added additional scenes (Movie Lights for example) which show up automatically in the Home app, put if I say the command via the mini it has no idea what I'm on about!

I have linked and unlinked the account in the Home app, deleted and recreated the scenes but no change.

Any advice?

I guess it could be that Google Home/Assistant doesn't really support scenes and will only do an 'all on' 'all off' type thing...

Thanks

M
Options
1 Reply
Re:Google Home/Kasa Scenes issue
2018-01-08 18:49:55
[FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]Kasa Scene control command:[/FONT]
Now Google has added support to control the scene you created on Kasa! You can just use the simple command below:
[COLOR=#FF0000]1.”Hey Google, turn on Kasa_scene”
[COLOR=#FF0000]2.”Hey Google, turn Kasa_scene on”
[COLOR=#FF0000]3.”Hey Google, activate Kasa_scene”
This command have the Echo turn on the scene called “Kasa_scene”.
Note: Before do that, you should make sure the scene has been identified by Google Home App firstly.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1558.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1187

Replies: 1