How I fixed my HS110 occasionally dropping from Wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-06 21:22:13
Model : HS110

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So I always have a problem with my HS110 plug. 1-2 out of 10 times I switch it on whether through Kasa app or Google home, it will drop connection and switch off about 10 seconds later. I tried all the static ip setting and extending dhcp lease time to no avail that nearly give up on it.

But lots of people says that their units work flawlessly. That means there must be something wrong. At last, I just examine what I've done differently than everybody else. And yes, one thing is I put a plug adapter on top of the HS110 to use it with EU-plug lamp and never suspect it would cause a problem. After removing that adapter, the connection drop after turning the plug on never happen again.

The lesson learned: HS110's on board wifi antenna is very sensitive to interference. Even some small plug adapter put on top of it can interfere with its wifi connection. So when you have connection dropping problem, check first that there's nothing that can block your wifi signal from the plug. This document is quite helpful as a checklist: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542
Options
1 Reply
Re:How I fixed my HS110 occasionally dropping from Wifi network
2018-03-09 15:56:14
Thanks for sharing
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1976

Replies: 1