HS100 can I set it up on home network and take it somewhere else?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-24 21:48:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I want to use as tplink hs100 to turn the lights on/off at sunrise/sunset in my shed. There is now wifi connection in there.

Can I take set up the sunset schedule on my home network and take it out to the shed, will it work without a connection to the internet?

thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:HS100 can I set it up on home network and take it somewhere else?
2018-03-26 03:54:51
after extensive testing it seems that you can't. It needs to be connected to the internet to even use the timer function which is really annoying...
Options
2018-03-27 04:57:03
Yes, you can. It will work using programmed settings. However, you cannot remotely access it. You will have to bring it back in when you need to change any settings.
Options
2018-03-27 11:56:43
It might not keep the sunrise/sunset settings though - the device gets it's time from the internet and it's clock will probably drift if it's not connected. I'm also not sure how it calculates the sunrise/sunset times - they may be updated from the TP Link cloud.
Options
2018-03-27 15:02:00
i think sunset/sunrise won't work as the plug need to communicate with cloud to get the sunset/sunrise time.
Options