HS100 and HS110 intermittent wireless loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-28 03:17:04
Model : HS100 and HS110Hardware Version : 1.0Firmware Version : 1.2.5ISP : N/A I've just swapped my home network Asus Router for a load of Ubiquiti kit. Everything is working great but the smart plugs do not work on the new network. They appear to connect but then a minute later drop off again. They then reconnect again a minute later. I've done a complete reset and reconfigured the smart plug. When it gets to the last part it can't see the wireless network. If I manually enter my wifi settings it just goes back to connecting and dropping off again.Is there a known incompatibility with Ubiquiti access points?
Options
4 Reply
Re:HS100 and HS110 intermittent wireless loss
2018-03-28 15:37:38
UBNT AirOS has a feature called [FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]AirMAX, which is a proprietary protocol only compatible with Ubiquiti devices.[/FONT]
AirMAX is enabled by default in AP mode. So when you set up a UBNT access point, remember to disable the AirMAX function on it. Once AirMAX is disabled, Wi-Fi devices can cooperate with the UBNT access point. Please also note that the throughput will decrease if AirMAX is disabled.

Swarfega wrote

Model : HS100 and HS110

Hardware Version : 1.0

Firmware Version : 1.2.5

ISP : N/A

I've just swapped my home network Asus Router for a load of Ubiquiti kit. Everything is working great but the smart plugs do not work on the new network. They appear to connect but then a minute later drop off again. They then reconnect again a minute later.
I've done a complete reset and reconfigured the smart plug. When it gets to the last part it can't see the wireless network. If I manually enter my wifi settings it just goes back to connecting and dropping off again.

Is there a known incompatibility with
Ubiquiti access points?
Options
2018-03-28 15:45:55
Yeah I saw that when I was Googling. This doesn't run AirOS though. I also don't see that option anywhere in the unified controller which is used to configure my access point.
Options
2018-03-29 09:16:10
can you contact Ubiquiti for help to disable Airmax?

Swarfega wrote

Yeah I saw that when I was Googling. This doesn't run AirOS though. I also don't see that option anywhere in the unified controller which is used to configure my access point.
Options
2018-03-30 01:03:20

vieldcs wrote

can you contact Ubiquiti for help to disable Airmax?
It's not a feature of UniFi. Anyway I fixed it today. The answer was to just change to channel 6. It was auto before on channel 1. It shouldn't make a difference but it does. Basically the issue is with the Ubiquiti hardware not the smart plugs. Thanks anyway.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1103

Replies: 4

Related Articles