Trouble Authorising access to Google Home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-31 19:08:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've recently bought three HS100 smart plugs which work well with the Kasa app. I used to only have one which I managed to link to my Google Home and it worked really well too. Now that I bought two more, I unlinked the one I had within my google home app to be able to add all three in. Now when I go to Add Device / TP-Link Kasa and go to Authorise access, I get an error message saying "401. Thats an error. Your client does not have permission to the requested URL..." Does anyone know of a solution to this issue??? I would love to be able to control the smart plugs through Google Home again.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Trouble Authorising access to Google Home
2018-06-01 16:06:27
Can you control the plugs via kasa app remotely?
Firstly, we need to make sure the remote control is working well with kasa.
If the device is working well with kasa remotely, it seems the plugs themselves are working well. We can try to find a solution from Google.
Options
Re:Trouble Authorising access to Google Home
2018-06-02 09:21:16
Hi Kevin. Yes the kasa app works perfectly. I did have remote control turned on my app as well. Still had no luck with it. I managed to fix it though by installing the kasa app and google home on my wife's iPhone. Setting it up from her phone worked fine in the end. I still have no idea why I couldn't do it through my phone even though it had previously worked.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 2