I don't want to accept the new privacy agreement...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-01 08:50:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

... if I chose not to, are you planning to buy back my devices? You can't unilaterally change the agreement and render my devices useless without some form of compensation.
BTW, you appear to have broken the community, when a message is posted all formatting is removed except when added inline as html tags.
Options
7 Reply
Re:I don't want to accept the new privacy agreement...
2018-06-01 16:24:58
Dear Mike, Thanks for your valuable feedback.
Which privacy agreement do you mean? Do you mean our statment about GDPR?

About the format issue of this forum, we are working on this and try to fix it as earlier as we can.

Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated.
Options
2018-06-01 19:55:43
Thanks on the forum formatting.

I've just installed the latest version of Kasa and when I open it I'm asked to accept the new Terms of Use and I am directed to the new Terms and Privacy policy. That policy says that if I do not accept I do not have the right to use the products or services. Yet I already own and have been using these products, I do not believe you can take away my existing rights.

I am particularly uncomfortable with the statement that TP Link may change the agreement at any time and if it does I am considered to accept the new agreement simply by continuing to use the services.

I would like access to the previous agreement so that I can see exactly what is being changed before I agree to the new version.
Options
2018-06-08 17:16:07
Hello? Is it now illegal for me to use my devices as per the statement in your new privacy agreement? Will you be buying them back? The terms and conditions are too draconian and established too unilaterally for me to accept them as is.
Options
2018-06-21 04:52:50
GDPR is a privacy policy that has recently been mandated by the EU. Any company that does business in the EU or with citizens of the EU has to adhere to this policy. You've probably noticed a flurry of privacy statements from all over the place recently. The policy strongly favors the individual. In fact, the policy includes a clause called "the right to be forgotten." As a user, you can request that a company "forgets" you in their databases. (This is not unilateral - if the company has a legitimate need to keep your data, such as in support of a current contract, they have the right to do so.) So, this privacy request from TP-LINK is just another example of GDPR, and they are required to have your explicit approval to use your data. So, don't interpret this policy as TP-LINK making it illegal to use your device unless you give consent. Instead, think of it as a new day when you have much more control over how a company like TP-LINK uses data about you...
Options
2018-06-21 19:27:59
Yes, I understand about GDPR, that part of the agreement does not concern me. It's the statement that we cannot use our devices unless we accept the new agreement that I refuse to accept, along with the assertion that TP Link may change the agreement unilaterally at any time putting us in the same situation once again.

Instead the agreement should be that we have a choice - to accept the new agreement or to continue using our devices under the original agreement. And that in the future this will remain the case should the agreement be updated again.
Options
2018-07-16 10:50:04
I contacted privacy.tpra@tp-link.com a few weeks ago and have still not received a response from them. Nor have I accepted the agreement. @TPLink, how would you like to handle this - will you be refunding my purchase if I am no longer allowed to use the devices?
Options
2018-07-17 16:42:49
Dear Mike,
Sorry for any trouble caused.
We have emailed related department to confirm your case today.
Once we get the reply, we will email you with the answer.
Thanks for your patience.
Have a nice day.

TP-Link technical support
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 7

Related Articles