Kasa app losing connectivity to smart plugs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-07 22:43:52 - last edited 2020-11-25 11:06:50

my setup has 8 smart plugs and 2 smart switches,  the problme that i am having is that i am losing connectivity and only way i can fix it is by unplugging and plugging back in or hitting reset on the light switches.     

the plug will still show up in my list of plugs in the app but on the right side you dont see the power button to turn on or off and when you click on it the error message says " Device Unreachable..-your device may be powered off or out of range" 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa app losing connectivity to smart plugs-Solution
2020-11-25 06:00:00 - last edited 2020-11-25 11:06:50

@clambier 

I ended up creating a whole new network from another router all on 2.4 and not using the mesh network. 
worked fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Kasa app losing connectivity to smart plugs
2018-12-14 22:38:01

Mine are all doing same thing. Just installed last night and have to reset every hour. Not happy with these at all. 

Options
2018-12-16 03:23:05
That stinks. I've had plugs and switches for over a year with no issues. Do you have another device you could try like a tablet or other phone? Is the firmware up to date? Ryan
Options
Re:Re:Kasa app losing connectivity to smart plugs
2018-12-16 19:51:20
I’ve got 9 HS100 v1 plugs which are all stable. I bought 2 HS100 v2 and they do nothing but disconnect - sometimes within minutes of a reset. Can support please comment on how we can get this resolved please.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Kasa app losing connectivity to smart plugs
2018-12-16 23:32:46 - last edited 2018-12-16 23:33:46

I have the same issue. With HS110 V1 everything is ok but with new HS100 V2 it is unstable and often in local mode only not reachable by Cloud. Please solve it!

Options
2018-12-29 18:31:17

Had the same problem - "Device Unreachable". Couldn't access the devices from my iPhone app, but they continued to operate normally per the schedules that had been set. Power cycling corrected the problem, but I wondered what could have caused the problem in the first place. I'm hoping it was caused by the loss of internet service for an extended period. I was cruising in the Pacific from December 10th until the 21st. Upon arriving home in the Atlanta area I discovered that I had no internet/TV/VOIP service. Two days later an AT&T technician found that I was connected to a fiber port that had failed. He moved my fiber to a "good" port and service was restored. Based on the missing DVR recordings, we were able to determine that we had no internet for approximately 12 days. Hopefully (since my FTTH is very reliable), that was the cause.

Options
2019-01-05 12:16:38

I have been struggling with an LB110 for over a month now - randomly dropping connectivity from Kasa, Alexa, my router - everything, and it has become much worse. I suspected my network, but have now installed 4 devices from other manufacturers which work flawlessly 100% of the time.

My firmware says it is up to date (in the Kasa app) but the bulb is practically useless. Any help to resolve would be appreciated as I am outside the Amazon return window.

Options
2019-11-25 17:37:39

@Melbart having the same problem with 5 hs100 smart plugs, the reply from support was unhelpful, they obviously have a problem they are not prepared to admit too with this version of the firmware. 

Options
2019-12-12 17:02:49

@clambier I had this problem. I have 14 TP Smart Plug minis and what I found was that it was the wifi strength. Installed wifi mesh pods and signal is strong everywhere and they don't keep dropping out. BUT now I have one that lost connectivity. I get the orange and blue flashing, it sees the network then flashes blue but can't connect. Did factory reset. Nada. A brand new one out of the box works so it looks like one bad unit. Two year warranty here I come.

Options
2019-12-23 21:03:48

@clambier 

I have 8 new HS100 plugs and they all worked for about a week, then all failed together.

They are all within 3 mt of a wifi mess device. Tried resetting 1 but then was not able to setup a schedule or add it again the the network.

At the moment they are expenseive timers. If I reset anymore then I will lose the timings I have setup for Christmas lights.

Options
2019-12-23 22:44:34

@Teky 

Just a wild assed guess but is your phone on your 5 GHz wifi and TP Link is on 2.4 GHz? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 10107

Replies: 14