Remote Control is toggled on but I can't control the smart plug outside my WiFi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remote Control is toggled on but I can't control the smart plug outside my WiFi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-18 19:37:17

Remote Control is toggled on but I can't control the smart plug outside my WiFi network. Kasa shows my device but when I try to click it on (green) it just spins for a second then stays grey. Not much good when I only need to do this when I'm away from home. Could it have something to do with my device recognition in the Kasa App Cloud? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Remote Control is toggled on but I can't control the smart plug outside my WiFi network
2018-12-19 08:32:23

It could be.

Check if there is any available firmware update.

You can contact tplink tec support, provide them MAC address/SN, they can help you to check whether the plug is successfully linked to your kasa account.

Options
Re:Re:Remote Control is toggled on but I can't control the smart plug outside my WiFi network
2018-12-19 19:35:36
OK. Thanks. I did try the firmware update but it didn't remedy the problem. I'll try tech support next. Thanks.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Remote Control is toggled on but I can't control the smart plug outside my WiFi network
2018-12-20 00:21:50
Maybe try doing a facotry reset on the device as well and run set up again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 841

Replies: 3