Votes

Sharing devices between multiple accounts

Votes

Sharing devices between multiple accounts

86 Reply
Re:Sharing devices between multiple accounts
2022-08-04 00:20:56

@Solla-topee 

I just purchased two other brands of WIFI cameras and both had very easy sharing set-up functionality.  My wife and I have very different timetables and need to view our aquarium reef tanks at different times and from different locations.  The camera setup on the tanks work extremely well and light configurations were needed so we can view them during the evening.  I'm very surprised that you don't have at least a basic sharing protocol. 

Options
2022-08-04 15:59:40

I've landed to this topic after installing several Kasa cams in my apartment and, when wanted to share some of them with other people, I just discovered that this (i believe basic!) thing is not posssible.

I have have been using Tapo, Smart Like, Xiaomi, Wyze cameras - all of them support device (and not account!) sharing.

Honestly, I thought this is a by default feature.

Seeing that this feature was requested long time ago and it is still not offered, I am speechless!
Now what? I will need to sell all my Kasa cameras and move to smth else...

Any official from Tp-Link can, at least, give us some hope that this feature is under development and it will be sometime launched?

Options
2022-08-26 19:26:05

@Anton L.Z. 
seems like a pretty big oversight imo. First time I've seen a tech company encouraging password sharing. 

Options
2022-09-19 12:23:42

@CrystiLei Thanks for sharing this issue and also thanks to tp-link community always helping us in troubleshooting. I had a problem but now it's over. Hope this community would helpful in sorting queries and problems in every regard 

Best Regard Nora Voila

Options
2022-11-01 19:55:03

@Solla-topee Is this going to be fixed, or do I need to buy some other brand device?

It's a simple request- one device can be viewed by different accounts.

Options
2022-11-05 02:01:25

It's pretty lame that one account can't share access to a device with another account. 

It's so impractical.

I was going to get more of the smart plugs but I wouldn't because of the lack of this feature. I was also going to recommend to relatives now I cannot due to lack of sharing feature.

Options
RE:Sharing devices between multiple accounts
2022-11-05 15:46:46
This seems like a terribly insecure hack.
Options
2022-11-18 21:45:46
I see Eufy has sharing device with other users. I wish Kasa implements the same with its devices
Options
2022-11-20 15:05:13

Please ADD THIS FEATURE 

Options
2022-11-27 19:27:40

@Solla-topee 4 years later and this still isnt an option.  Time to return these devices I just purchased

Options

Voters 41

+ 37 Voters