Votes

Sharing devices between multiple accounts

Votes

Sharing devices between multiple accounts

101 Reply
Re:Sharing devices between multiple accounts
2024-05-27 11:43:03

@Zach222 Google Home video streams from Kasa do not display.

Options
2024-05-27 11:47:47
It's now been 6 years, and no ability to SHARE devices across Kasa accounts.
Options
2024-05-27 11:52:01
Even Wyze can SHARE cameras across accounts. This cannot be that difficult of a technical challenge for TP-Link.
Options
2024-08-14 04:03:44

@CrystiLei 

Here is another major flaw:: the Kasa app allows multiple homes... but nothing works as scheduled if those 2 homes are in different time zones!

TP-Link::: Please fix this! You only allow one timezone per account. You need to allow each home to have its own time zone.   Easy Fix.

Until then this Kasa smart plug app is just as lame and impotent as the Wyze smart plug app. Come on people... this is an easy fix.

ControlDaSwitch

Options
RE:Sharing devices between multiple accounts
2024-08-16 16:33:56
Ability to extend functionality to a family member. Limited to on off and schedule functions
Options
2024-08-21 15:22:10

@CrystiLei 

Yes, it's possible for multiple people to access the same Kasa devices without removing them from an existing account. Instead of adding the device to your account separately, your husband can share access with you. Here's how:

1. Open the Kasa app on your husband's phone.
  2. Go to the device he wants to share.
  3. Tap on the “Device Settings” (the gear icon).
  4. Select “Share Device” and then “Add”.
  5. Enter your email address (the one associated with your Kasa account) and follow the prompts.

Once you've accepted the invitation, you’ll both have access to control the smart plugs through your individual Kasa accounts.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
[Anas_Rez]

Options
2024-08-21 18:02:58

@Anas_Rez 

You are either joking, either you did not understand the situation.

There is no such an option as "Share device" in the settings of the devices. 

I am doing exactly the same in the Tapo, Xiaomi, Aqara, Smart Life apps, but this option is NOT available in Kasa app. Or, at least, not for the devices I am (and also the people on this thread are) using.

I have subscribed to receive notifications on this topic with the hope someday I will receive some good news and, reading your post, until I checked it out for myself, I thought that maybe, with the most recent version of the app, finally this basic, simple issue was solved.

But hey, it did not!

Note: Kasa app is updated to the most recent version, also the firmware of all the devices is the latest.

Options
2024-08-22 02:28:29

Are we talking about different things here?  I don't want to share ALL my switches and cameras, which is what would happen if the account was shared.  I only want to give someone access to a camera or two, not all my devices.  Doesn't look like that is possible.  If it is, how?

Options
2024-08-30 18:26:17

I recently decided that we might be changing ISPs. With that I will be losing my primary email account. I quickly learned that Kasa has no way to change the email on the Kasa account which is baffling. So I had planned to go through the painful task of resetting 45 devices to move them from one account to another. I just created the new account and was planning to go one by one to reset the devices and add them to the new account. This way I could check the naming and other details of each device as I went along. Imagine my surprise when I created the new account and it found a new device. I thought to myslef "that's odd, everything should be on an account already". So I added the device. Turns out it is a switch in my office, which is already in fact attached to my original account. I can control the switch from both accounts at the exact same time!!! So sharing a device is most certainly possible, TP Link is just choosing not to add the feature!!! I wish I could figure out why that one device was allowed to do that. None of the other 44 devices in my home show up on the new account. Would be nice to just add them to the new account without resetting everything. Then I could just delete the old account.

Options
RE:Sharing devices between multiple accounts
2 weeks ago
Please make it possible to sare single devices to anyone email address.
Options

Voters 49

+ 45 Voters