HS300 Random power cycle

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS300 Random power cycle

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
76 Reply
Re:HS300 Random power cycle
2021-12-28 21:43:14

For anyone surfing in off google:

Still no beta firmware for the HS300.  Issue still exists. It's still an infuritating product. 

Options
2022-02-23 07:20:05

@socon From another post of mine...

Hey all! I've been dealing with this issue forever and it's been one of the most frustrating things I've found. Lights randomly changing and outlets triggering unexpectedly. It *seemed* like it was always the TP-Link products that did this, but I now think that's been a red herring.

While looking for something completely unrelated tonight in the Alexa app, I noticed something new called 'Hunches'. This is Amazon's attempt to have a 'hunch' that you wanted to do something. For instance, if it determines you left the house, it has a 'hunch' you meant to turn off the light. Same thing if it thinks you went to bed. When I'm in bed reading at night, all of a sudden my dimmable lights would drop to 50%.

Well, when I found the 'hunches' feature in Settings->Hunches, there was a log saying 'We determined you wanted to do 'x' and did it for you!' and sure enough, that log corresponded with all the 'random' stuff that was happening. I immediately disabled hunches and ever since have not had a single issue with my devices.

I'll come back and post more should this change, but this may have been something that Amazon broke, not TP-Link, which is why they never could fix it.

So... check your Alexa app, go to Settings, then Hunches and disable all of them. See if it works for you.

Options
2022-02-23 09:12:46

@MarqueIV I dont have an alexa in my house and I still have this issue. 

Options
2022-02-27 22:59:49

@mjifojeqlkj23 Check to see if Google has something similar.  All I know is this was the issue that was affecting all my devices and since disabling it, it's all better now.

Options
2022-03-03 06:45:28

@mjifojeqlkj23 

If replacement HS300 still have the same issue, I  suspect smart power strip was  affected by some third party software or devices in your local network. 

Try to connect HS300 to a Guest WiFi network of router and see reboot behavior stops, I will follow up your case on your support email TKID201238755, please check your email inbox. 

Options
2022-08-05 21:31:37

I also continually have this problem

Hardware version 1.0

Firmware version 1.0.21

Options
Related Articles