Separate IoT devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Separate IoT devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Separate IoT devices
Separate IoT devices
2019-12-29 18:06:20 - last edited 2019-12-31 10:26:14
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I want to separate my IoT device from my others devices, but it would be a PITA to move them if I have to individually re-register them to the new/guest network. Is there an easy way to move devices between the 2 networks?

It occurs to me that I could leave the IoT devices where they are and move the others, but even then I would want change the network name and hide it, which I suspect would make it necessary to re-register them or is this wrong?

Also, are there any differences between the main and guest networks in functionality?

Thanks.

Henry

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Separate IoT devices -Solution
2019-12-31 02:48:39 - last edited 2019-12-31 10:26:14

@henryg 

Hello, sorry to tell you that there is no easy way to move devices between the 2 networks; We need forget the current network and reconnect it to the new wifi; per you said, you can move other devices to the guest network; Meanwhile,  there is no hide SSID option over guest network cause it is aimed to provide internet for guests.

There is no big difference between host network and guest network; both can access internet; while the guest network does not have hide SSID option; and some advanced features are not applied to guest network.

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Separate IoT devices -Solution
2019-12-31 02:48:39 - last edited 2019-12-31 10:26:14

@henryg 

Hello, sorry to tell you that there is no easy way to move devices between the 2 networks; We need forget the current network and reconnect it to the new wifi; per you said, you can move other devices to the guest network; Meanwhile,  there is no hide SSID option over guest network cause it is aimed to provide internet for guests.

There is no big difference between host network and guest network; both can access internet; while the guest network does not have hide SSID option; and some advanced features are not applied to guest network.

May it help. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Separate IoT devices
2019-12-31 10:27:41
Thanks for the help
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2570

Replies: 2

Related Articles