KC100 disconnecting from Amazon Echo Show 5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-31 06:06:30
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I bought a KC100 camera to use it together with an Amazon Echo Show 5 as a baby monitor.

I have the problem that the camera image is disconnected from the Amazon Echo Show 5 after 10-15 min and the Echo Show 5 returns to the home screen.

Is there any way to configure the camera or Echo Show 5 to display the image continuously?

I have another camera from another manufacturer and it keeps the image continuously.

I don't know if it's a problem with the camera, or the Alexa skill.

Options
2 Reply
Re:KC100 disconnecting from Amazon Echo Show 5
2021-03-16 16:21:34
Same problem here with a C200. Just before disconnecting, Echo shows a “buffering” message, which appears to be an interruption of the image stream from Tapo. Seems to require a SW fix from TP-LINK.
Options
Re:KC100 disconnecting from Amazon Echo Show 5
2021-03-16 16:31:45

@TiagoF

the answer provided by Tapo / Tp-Link (available here - https://www.tapo.com/uk/faq/55/)

• If you are using a third-party device such as Google Home Hub, Echo Show, or fire TV to watch the live stream of the Tapo camera, it will be disconnected automatically when it arrives at a certain minute as it’s a Cloud-to-Cloud service which will strain your network bandwidth more and cause more data allowance overages. If you want to continue watching, take the Echo show as an example, you need to ask it to show again by voice command "Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]".

I should have the option to not be disconnected since I have an unlimited data plan... 

That being said, I'm returning my Tapo C200 since it can stream undefinately in Echo Show.

Options