KC 200 outdoor camera does not display on google chromecast

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-08 08:22:18
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.31

Hi,

I'm trying to stream live view from the camera to google home, it work fine on google home max , but when trying to stream to chromecast it says it doesnot support, I have Sony TV, the latest , with google assistant built-in, I have xiaomi mi box s which has chromecast built-in and on both of the devices it says it does not support.

I also have Lenovo alarm clock with google assistant built-in and it says it doesnt support stream from kasa

Please help cause I bought this camera in order to stream to these devices

Nir

Options
19 Reply
Re:KC 200 outdoor camera does not display on google chromecast
2020-03-07 13:31:12 - last edited 2020-03-09 12:00:13

@avniel 

I am having the same issue.  It is erratic. Sometimes it works and other times I get the same message to contact support.  I have 2 kc200 and 3 chromecast devices and the same issues occur on all 3 devices. Very tempermental IMO.

https://commandslibrary.com/kasa-cam-commands-google-assistant/

Kasa Cam control command:

Now Google has allowed you to stream your Kasa Cam on your Chromecast TV, Google Home Hub which has a screen and Lenovo Smart Display. Please find the simple command below for how to:

1. Activate Google Assistant:

a. "Hey Google"

b. "Hi Google"

c. "Ok Google"

2. State your Command:

a. Cast

b. Play

c. Show

d. Stream

e. Stop (Casting/Playing/Showing/Streaming)

3. State your Device Name

4. State your TV Name

Example:

"Hey Google Cast My Outdoor Camera on the Bedroom TV"

"Hey Google Stop Casting on the Bedroom TV"

“Hey Google Show My Front Door Camera on Lenovo smart display”

“Hey Google Show My Front Door Camera” (When work with Google Home Hub which has a screen)

Options
2020-03-09 01:35:53

@avniel 

Hi, please use the correct command to stream to Chromecast. Currently, the Kasa cameras don’t support “camera on/off” command due to possible security risks. For example, an intruder could potentially shut off your cameras with a simple command.

For the related spec information of the Google Home Hub and the Lenovo smart display, you can refer to the link: https://www.cnet.com/reviews/google-home-hub-review/ 

Options
2020-03-09 01:39:48

@doimec 

Hi, watching the live feed of Kasa cameras through Google Assistant will use your internet traffic as it’s a Cloud-to-Cloud service. When you can't watch the video on chromecast, please make sure your internet is working, and make sure the signal strength is good. Then check whether you can see the live view on the Kasa app remotely or not.

Options
2020-03-09 06:39:27

@Stella.Q  I didnt try to On or Off, I only want to stream and watch live feed and it doesnt work, only on my hub max its working, the other devices its not, chromecast and sony TV with google assistant built in

Options
2020-03-09 06:40:34
I only want to stream and watch live feed and it doesnt work, only on my hub max its working, the other devices its not, chromecast and sony TV with google assistant built in. The other cameras that I have , Logi Circle 2 and Wyze Cam are working fine and stream with no issues, only the TP link have streaming issues.
Options
2020-03-09 11:56:14 - last edited 2020-03-09 12:16:20

@Stella.Q 

Hi thank you for the feedback. 

My internet is working fine as I have other services running normally and ppl using the interent with no interuption in services while I am trying to get the KC200 to stream thrru Chromecast.  The KASA apps works fine also.  The only issue is streaming the KC200 thru Chromecast and only get the  message to contact support.

Options
2020-03-10 03:45:55

@avniel 

Hi,

What's the error message and phenomenon when you can't stream the live view? Please send us a picture if there is one.

What's the camera's hardware version, firmware version and MAC address? 

Besides, please also tell us the model number of the device that can't stream the live view.

Good day.

Options
2020-03-12 00:53:48

@doimec

Having the exact same problem, Have 3 camera and always seems one that wont stream and get the same message, Talk to Kasa support and they were useless and still have problem. I unlinked the tp kasa account frm google assistant and reconnected it and now its a differant camera that wont stream. 

Options
2020-03-12 01:15:23

@PaulatThornwood 

Thanks for the feedback. That's were I am now. Dealing with tech support to no avail. I have done all you mentioned. Once I reconnect works in one camera and then nothing. Doesnt work anymore and get same message to contact support. Today I sent some version info on my devices. No response yet.

Thanks again. 

Options
2020-03-16 03:04:32

@PaulatThornwood @doimec 

Hi,

We were working together with google about this issue, and we have made some changes from our side, please try to restart the camera and Chromecast device and check if streaming works.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6025

Replies: 19

Related Articles