Activate/Deactivate Camera via Smart Hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 20:56:09
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been using my KC110 since just before Christmas and I'm very pleased with aprart from the fact it's missing a feature. The ability to activate/deactivate the camera via my smart hub when I leave/arrive home or get up/go to bed would be hugely beneficial. I know i can already enable/disable the camera via the Kasa app on my mobile, but that becomes very tedious when doing it several times a day. The camera doesn't need to be operational when i'm active at home. I don't need to be recorded or alerted every time I walk past my own camera. Adding this ability to my smart hub would be a great feature.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Activate/Deactivate Camera via Smart Hub
2020-02-12 10:37:20
With Kasa Cam’s Privacy mode you can enable or disable recording of video and audio. Please note that when you select this option your camera will not record audio or video, and you will not receive any event notifications. When disabled, live video and audio streaming still works.
Options
2020-02-12 13:20:52

@Marcia.Zhang Same question as I had. This should really happen soon. Turn on/off, either Privacy or Power, as is available in Kasa app.

Options
2020-02-13 09:20:06

Stiffboard wrote

@Marcia.Zhang Same question as I had. This should really happen soon. Turn on/off, either Privacy or Power, as is available in Kasa app.

@Stiffboard 

Thank for very much for the feedback, power on/off may not be possible, but I've forwarded your suggestion on the privacy mode to product department.

Have a nice day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 556

Replies: 3