Solar Panel for KC300S2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solar Panel for KC300S2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Solar Panel for KC300S2
Solar Panel for KC300S2
2020-01-28 19:05:45

Hello, After a years wait the KC300S2 outdoor camera was finally available so i snatched one up.

My question is this, are there, will there be, any Solar panels made by Kasa/TP-Link that can keep this battery powered camera alive without me having to pull them off each week or so to recharge.

Unfortunately drilling holes into the side of my house up to the attic is not an option, and im looking for a solution where i can feel confident that the cameras will have enough juice if i am gone for extended periods of time.

Thank you for your excellent products!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Solar Panel for KC300S2
2020-02-12 09:17:07
Hello, thank you so much for your support and trust on our product, but sorry for that we don't have Solar Panel for the cameras. In addition, the KC300 has a USB Type-C charging interface and can be powered by the power adapter even if the battery is not inserted.
Options
2021-05-28 13:55:49

@Marcia.Zhang but plugging it up with the charger outside won't make it water proof anymore 🤔

Options
2021-05-29 23:01:20

@Marcia.Zhang 

I'm having the same issue. Initially, my camera lasted for 4-6 weeks when I first installed it. Now my cameras barely last a full day. It's been such a pain climbing up, removing the two cameras (front and backyard) so that I can connect them to the USB Type-C cable to charge it, and then installing them back again for it to only last One Day.

Please provide guidance or some kind of solution as this is quite frustrating as your product mentioned a years worth of battery charge on these cameras. 

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4034

Replies: 3

Related Articles