Multiple accounts managing the same device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-02 00:24:31
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought a few HS100 Smart Plugs and, after connecting them, discover you can't have multiple accounts managing the same devices? When is that going to be fixed? Surely it's a common request that two or more people living in the same house would want to control the devices in their home?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Multiple accounts managing the same device
2020-02-12 10:51:59
Hello, even though the smart plug can only be bound to one account, but multiple phones are able to login the Kasa App with the same account to manage the plug. Thanks a lot for your understanding and have a nice day!
Options
2020-03-23 00:45:09

@Marcia.Zhang 

The problem with sharing on different phones with the same ccount is you have to give the other users access to every camera and every device. Why would I give someone access to all my cameras when all they need access to is the a wall plug for example. This is not realistic. Why can't this be changed so the primary account holder can choose what exactly is being shared? Seems like a simple change to me. I noticed the same concern in a different forum 3 years ago. It makes me sad that I have to look for a new product now.

Options
2020-03-23 03:20:36

Kristi wrote

@Marcia.Zhang 

The problem with sharing on different phones with the same ccount is you have to give the other users access to every camera and every device. Why would I give someone access to all my cameras when all they need access to is the a wall plug for example. This is not realistic. Why can't this be changed so the primary account holder can choose what exactly is being shared? Seems like a simple change to me. I noticed the same concern in a different forum 3 years ago. It makes me sad that I have to look for a new product now.

@Kristi  Thank you for your feedback, we will feedback to our R&D department and then they will work on and evaluate the feasibility. Right now we just have one product support to share with others, the model number is Tapo P100. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2613/

Good day.

Options
2021-07-27 20:17:29
This is a massive oversight. No device sharing means multiple people in the same household have to share same account login details. This is not a secure option.
Options
2021-11-30 09:00:37

I agree with the others.  It is a shame this cannot be done, and is very frustrating.  Roommates should be able to access some of their roommates' devices without getting access to EVERYTHING.

Options
2022-01-20 05:41:34

@Marcia.Zhang what type of support and security is that? Isn't the recommendation to never share your username and password with other people? Generally speaking, this is a huge flaw in TP-Link's security and customer experience. My roommate and I have devices throughout our home and I do not wish to provide them with my username and password considering it's the same credentials that I use to manage my devices in my bedroom as well as some of my families Deco devices. There must be a better solution. Is something at least in the works for future development to make this possible or can we put in a feature request to upvote the necessity for this?

Options

Information

Helpful: 15

Views: 8412

Replies: 6

Related Articles