KC110 dropped off wifi and now wont connect.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-09 08:53:02 - last edited 2020-03-09 08:54:13
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Initially my KC110 would not connect to my TP link Archer c9 at all. Whether it was being setup on Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Iphone 8, IPad (new) or iPad mini. (All updated to most current OS)

I returned the camera to the store and got a new one, it once again would not configure on any IOS device. After the 9th time trying to connect to my wifi through my Samsung Note 9, the camera finally configured.

It prompted me to update the camera firmware which I did.

The camera had to be reconfigured again and it connected to the Wi-Fi (would not find wifi through kasa app on any IOS device).

The camera and kasa app was functioning on the Samsung note 9, although on all IOS devices it had an connection error.

The next day the IOS devices could magically connect as well as my Samsung.

The camera worked great for a whole week, until it went offline randomly and never came back online.

It now will not connect to Wi-Fi on any device.

I have tried to reset, reinstall kada, reset my Wi-Fi router and check all device updates are current a total of 8 times since it went offline.

Im thinking TP link smart cameras are actually the most un-smart smart camera I've ever encountered.

If someone can help me fix this without telling me to reset, update, uninstall apps etc that would be great. If it cant be fixed i will be buying Netgear or Swann from now on.

FYI: No VPN

Options
2 Reply
Re:KC110 dropped off wifi and now wont connect.
2020-03-10 02:29:52 - last edited 2020-03-18 01:10:10

@SHVNYN 

Hello, sorry to hear the camera is not working well.

When you set up the camera on the app, which steps you can not get through? Is there any error message? What's the light status after you finish the settings?

Please turn off the special settings on the router such as Mac filtering or access control. And connect to the router's main network, instead of the guest network.

Besides, make sure to put in a correct wifi password during the configuration. Are there any special characters in the password?

If it is possible, please send us a screenshot of your error message page.

Good day.

Options
Re:KC110 dropped off wifi and now wont connect.
2020-04-29 21:52:50

Did anyone have luck getting the Camera back to work ?

my camera was all good until few weeks ago, worked for months KC110, started not connecting with same symptoms from everyone else, sudently worked 3 days ago and stopped again after working for two days. All other WiFi connects to my Kasa are working just fine (6 switches and outlets, bulbs).

After reading almost every post, this must be an issue at the Kasa TP Link end , and not at anyone’s home or router. TP link what’s going’s on there at your end that we were not communicated yet ? Please make it easy for everyone and let us know that the issue is on your end ,,, Troubleshooting takes long time and doing it for no reason is very disturbing. Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 755

Replies: 2