(app, HS110) Sync Location bar with Getting your current location never stops spinning.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

(app, HS110) Sync Location bar with Getting your current location never stops spinning.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-29 12:26:13 - last edited 2020-05-02 09:22:44
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

App version 2.20.0

Sinds i own the HS110 (06-2018) the getting your current location keeps on spinning when sync the location.

I just did a reset on the HS110 and a clean install kasa smart going through the setup adding my device is no problem.

i pressed on make schedule for OFF i press sunset then i get a question for getting you current location and this takes ver long it is still spinnning now. (not logged in)

I just let it run for now to see how long it takes to find my location. (it doesnt stop)

My location is the Netherlands.

I logged in and after that the location was set, so it doenst work if not logged in?

In the menu Location and time i see now date and time, when i now press on location i get this spinner with Getting your current location that never stops.

I found a workaround: pressing sync location then the blue bar now u get the spinner with Getting your current location, press the Back arrow on the tabled now the bar goes away, press the arrow to go back to Settings and go back to Location and Time now date and time are synced.

The location is getting synced but the bar doesnt go away after it synced the location and (Last Synced on) doesnt show the latest sync.

Options
5 Reply
Re:When adding my HS110 to the kasa smart app getting your current location takes very long to fined.
2020-03-30 02:54:11

@Erwin05 Hi, you can check the permissions settings on your phone, it looks like you didn't enable the location settings for the Kasa app all the time. Or you can use another phone to do a comparison test.

Have a good day.

Options
Re:When adding my HS110 to the kasa smart app getting your current location takes very long to fined.
2020-03-30 09:22:03 - last edited 2020-03-30 12:49:03

@Stella.Q 

Hi, i am on a samsung tablet with android 8.1, and the permission setting is set to ON.

The permission setting is auto set to ON after installing the kasa smart app.

The problem isnt the sync part, in the background of the app it does sync (time and date), the problem is that the bar stays on the screen forever with the spinner.

How it should work: press location then the blue bar sync location, now u see the spinner with Getting your current location after it has synced the bar has to go away and you have to see the last synced on: time and date. but this isnt working.

This looks more like a bug in the kasa smart app.

Options
2020-05-02 08:54:35

@Stella.Q A new app version came out today v2.21.0 Build 924 but the problem with the bar spinning is still present.

Options
2020-05-08 09:15:06 - last edited 2020-05-08 09:18:36

@Stella.Q A new app version came out today v2.21.1 Build 926 the 1st time i pressed on sync location it takes 2 min to find the location every next pressing only 1 sec.

This is working better now.

After a reboot tablet it takes again 2 min and every next press 1 sec.

Options
2021-08-09 13:55:30

@Erwin05 

Hello,

The getting your current location problem is still present in app v2.33.1 to reproduce this:

Clear app cache and data uninstall the app reboot tabled install the casa smart app and reboot tabled

start the app and log in with account go to settings, location and time,press location allow now and press sync location now a bar is coming on my screen and some time later it times out.

I did some testing and found a workaround to get it working again, I disabled the wifi from the tabled and enabled it again started up the app pressed sync location and now the location is sync and it is working again.

To fix the getting your current location times out, disable, enable the wifi from your device.

Can u send this info to the developers from the Casa smart app?

Edit: today i installed the app a 3rd time and the getting your current location did sync but after rebooting the tabled the problem is back.

When the location doesnt sync disable/enable the wifi connection to get it working again and when it works after installing the app after a reboot it doesnt work anymore.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1141

Replies: 5

Related Articles