Smart Plungs are not reachable for Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 20:09:08 - last edited 2020-04-16 03:21:31
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I had to get a new Xfinity router.  I have the same name, password, but none of the devices would connect.  I deleted and re-did all the devices with the Kasa app and I can control them with the app.  Alexa can see them but have the message "Unreachable".  I tried resetting the router but not sure which step I missed.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Smart Plungs are not reachable for Alexa-Solution
2020-04-15 18:26:37 - last edited 2020-04-16 03:21:31

@Stella.Q Thanks, i figured out the problem, I needed relog onto the Kasa app and then everything worked fine.  Technial alalysis: Problem exists between brain and hands.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Plungs are not reachable for Alexa
2020-04-15 08:27:12

@MadPat  Before control the plug with Alexa, you should make sure the plug's remote control is enabled. Can you control the plug remotely on the Kasa app? If so, you can disable the Kasa still on the Alexa app, then relink them together.

Do you have another smart device that works with Alexa?

Options
Re:Smart Plungs are not reachable for Alexa-Solution
2020-04-15 18:26:37 - last edited 2020-04-16 03:21:31

@Stella.Q Thanks, i figured out the problem, I needed relog onto the Kasa app and then everything worked fine.  Technial alalysis: Problem exists between brain and hands.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-04-16 03:21:28

@MadPat 

You are welcome, glad to hear that it works, congrats.^_^

If need any further help, just let us know.

Have a good day.

Options
2020-04-22 14:44:07

@MadPat I guess there is different problem in that.

MadPat wrote

I had to get a new Xfinity router.  I have the same name, password, but none of the devices would connect.  I deleted and re-did all the devices with the Kasa app and I can control them with the app.  Alexa can see them but have the message "Unreachable".  I tried resetting the router but not sure which step I missed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 862

Replies: 4

Related Articles