KASA Software for MAC and PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 11:55:27

Hi TP-Link support,

I am IT professional and tested a lot of systems in Europe in different price ranges. 

We have a lot of project where we use different cameras, depending on the project. 

The TP-Link Kasa Cam´s are price / worth on of our favourites.

Quick respond, good quality, price is fair. 

Okay, but the MAIN PROBLEM is the weak software solution TP-link offers! 

We need urgently a more flexible solution for WINDOWS 10 and MAC OSX as well as an integration in typical OEM software via API. 

The KASA App on Iphone is good, but it is too less for "the next step" or any kind of more professional use. 

To develop a version for MAC for example you have now different options to use the existing code for the IOS app also - just an easy portation is possible. 

So please let me know if you bring or not a software app for MAC and PC during the next weeks as well as an API where to assecc directly. 

This is important and will affect our further decisions! 

Thanks

Hartmut from Austria

Options
15 Reply
Re:KASA Software for MAC and PC
2020-04-27 02:55:29

@makronomic 

Hi Hartmut,

Thank you for your support first.

We have previously received feedback from users who want to use this software on their computers, and we have also feedback to the R & D department. They are making a comprehensive evaluation.

The new software takes a certain amount of time to produce. Even if we plan to do it, it will not be completed in the next few weeks.

Regarding the API, to ensure the stable performance of the cloud server so as to provide a good experience to end-users, currently, we don't have a plan to open smart home API to the terminal user or third-party partners.

But fortunately, some programmers have shared their own findings regarding API on GitHub/Soft Scheck. You can go to this kind of site to have a look. Your understanding would be much appreciated. 

Best Regards.

Options
2020-04-27 07:38:07
Thanks for quick response So we do not longer use TP cams in our projects. The lack of software as well the a missing API is a no-Go All the best
Options
2020-05-10 04:10:34

@Stella.Q @makronomic @TP-Link I registered just to express my disgust that TP-Link thinks it's cool to charge $200 for an outdoor camera that can only be casted to a screen for a few minutes. I'm so glad I didn't buy more than 1 camera. This sounds like a strategy from the Trump School of Business.

Options
2020-11-17 20:02:59

Still no support for Mac/PC/Web??????? Come on, TP Link!

Options
2020-11-18 01:09:23

@Caifo 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

We haven’t got any updated news about the Mac/PC web management from the our developers ; so currently, I am afraid that the answer is still no.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Options
2020-11-18 01:24:55

@Brook I hope they're considering it for real. It'd be handy.

Options
2020-11-30 09:53:03

@Caifo You can run the Kasa app now on M1 macs, the downside is, out of the 4 crashes i have had so far, it seems to been responsible for every one, still, if you close it straight after you use it, it works great! XD

It also turns my speakers on INSTANTLY, it feels like they turn on/off before i release the mouse click to switch them which is satisfying, just a shame about the reliability for now, funny that out of all the things to crash on here so far it's an ios app

Options
2021-02-17 17:31:28

@Brook 

Is there any update from the Developers?! its 2021 already.

Its very awkward and fiddly to deal with the mobile phone software.

It would be even better if the developer just allowed open source, that way solutions could be developed independently.

Thanks

Options
2021-02-17 22:46:41 - last edited 2021-02-17 22:50:05

@bitcoin I strongly believe it's not a matter of developing, but resources. Desktop access would mean much more traffic for them, because of its nature. If we have desktop access, many of us will leave the viewer open, and that means much more bandwidth consumption for the company.

Options
2021-02-22 19:45:50

@makronomic I wouldn't count on it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 13758

Replies: 15