Kasa Update Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa Update Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa Update Problems
Kasa Update Problems
2020-07-02 21:48:18 - last edited 2020-07-02 21:50:27
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.0

My biggest issue with the update is the addition of this message when live streaming for more than a half hour:

This defeats the purpose of the live streaming option! I run this overnight for the camera in our nursery and keep an ear out for sounds/ notifications. I wake up at the sound and determine whether baby is just wiggling or if I need to respond. I can't do that with this timing out now!

Imagine how annoying it would be if you were a security guard hired to watch cameras and you have to click 'Continue Live Streaming' every half hour. This update doesn't even make sense from this perspective. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Update Problems
2020-07-15 08:09:00

@whirlgirl 

Hello, do you mean there will be a pop-up window after streaming the live for more than half an hour? Basically, if both of your phone and the camera are connected to the same network, there is no time limit for the streaming.

However, if your phone is streaming the live from another network or via 4G cellular data, there will be a time limit, please refer to the below FAQ for more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2630/

As per your description, it seems that the streaming switched to 4G cellular or another wireless network on your phone during the live, which will explain why it pops up the Continue message. You may disable 4G cellular on your phone to give it a go.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 414

Replies: 1

Related Articles