KC200 misses many automation functions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-05 15:56:16
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.2.36

Hi,

I recently bought two KC200 cameras because of their great features but after installing and testing them I was a bit disappointed about the limited automation possibilities.

Before I had a very old IP cam with low resolution and no additional features but because I was able to directly access the video stream I was able to do motion detection and trigger some actions (e.g. automatically stream the video signal to a chromecast device).

I know that there are limited functionalities to IFTTT (turn camera on/off) and (manual) casting capabilities but the really interesting stuff is available just by manually using the app.

Is there anything I am missing?

Are there plans to add the missing functionality?

E.g.:

* Automatically stream to a chromecast device (e.g. Nest Hub) on motion detection

* Automatically trigger an IFTTT action on motion detection

* Trigger the siren via IFTTT

* Stream audio to the speaker of the camera

If there are no plans for some of these features I fear I have to replace them with better products.

Regards,

Andreas

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC200 misses many automation functions
2020-07-06 06:24:17
You have to ask TP-Link to update the firmware and add the RTSP function + add free servers for the cloud, and not limit the camera, which seems like an invitation to the captive client of the cloud service with them. Is a gotcha.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 419

Replies: 1