Fixed IP address for the second Deco M4 device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Fixed IP address for the second Deco M4 device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Fixed IP address for the second Deco M4 device
2021-07-21 15:33:00

@Alexandre. 

Thank you for your suggestion, your solution works like a charm. As soon as I realize the satellites' IP was dynamically assigned, I just need to reserve IP for the server and power-cycle the whole system.

Have a good one!

Best,

Zhe

Options
2021-08-12 16:03:41

@TP-Link_Deco 

Any news on this issue?

In my case, I need fixed IPs for them because I run monitoring tasks and stuff via Fing, IFTTT and some other stuff.

I'm not usually at home and it can be pretty hard figuring out what's what, after a power outage for example.

I planned to add more Decos to the network (the house is really, really big) but this limitation kind of discourages me from going ahead, because it would be a mess for me to manage. The Decos would keep going all around the devices list, and I could lose track of what's online/offline in my remote panels.

Why isn't it possible to assign fixed IPs to them, to start with? It's a nonsense limitation, if you ask my opinion.

Thank you!

Options
2022-01-16 17:25:00

@mgurreta 

Unfortunately, this is the same exact problem with the Deco x20 as well. For whatever the reason, there doesn't seem to be any interest in fixing this, only more questions about WHY you want to do it. It's a common feature on every single router I have ever owned (including other TP-Link routers).

Lets face it, it shouldn't matter WHY anybody wants to do it, it should just be capable of doing it in the first place ... period!

Personally, had I been aware of this ludicrous limitation, I would not have purchased the Deco x20

C'Mon TP-Link ... You're better than this, I know you are, my entire network consists of TP-Link Routers & switches and I've never had this problem with any of them before.

Please, Fix This Issue! ... Barring Assigning Static IPs, at least have the Satellite Decos show up in the Clients List so we can at least Reserve The Address.

Thanks,

Bill

Options
2022-01-19 00:01:48

Add me to the list. Please add the ability to tidy up my network and set a static IP for my second and third X60 Deco routers! 

This is a standard networking feature. 

Thanks!! 

Options
Related Articles