Deco M4 WAN Port Mac Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-03 15:44:41 - last edited 2020-03-04 02:44:36
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 190917

Hi,

I am new to Tp-link family. Purchased my deco m4 single unit yesterday. I can't use my deco because of mac address. My ISP control the mac address of their users. To connect my device to the internet I need to tell them the wan port's mac address of my router. So they can bind the mac address in their system. I told them the mac address which is written on the back of the deco, which is "XX:XX:XX:XX:82:68". When I configure my deco it simply configured. After configuration completed it just show RED solid light and internet not working. But when I put my old router into bridge mode and connect deco to it's lan port internet working fine. But I don't want to use old router. I have notice something that in my old router device details page deco shows another mac address, which is "XX:XX:XX:XX:82:69". So I want to know which mac address should I tell to my ISP the "68" one or the "69" one ?? I'm confused. Please don't ask me to clone old router mac address. I've alredy tried it but it failed!!

By the way when I setup the deco in configuration page it tells me that I have modem or not. I have selected it no. In my house my ISP fit a Optical Fiber cable from their office to my home and at the end of the cable in my house they put a ''media converter'' which convert the optical fiber singal to CAT6 cable signal which connects to the WAN port of my deco/router. So my question is should I select "I Have Modem" in the configuration page ?? I don't think so but not sure. Because as much I know a media converter isn't a modem!

Another question is which one of the port present back side of my router is the WAN & the LAN port?? Port 1 or 2 ??

Please someone help me to configure my new deco by answring my 3 questions!!

Have A Great Day!!!!!!!!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 WAN Port Mac Address-Solution
2020-03-04 02:05:24 - last edited 2020-03-04 02:44:36

@Rafid_Anjum 

Hello, there are 2 * LAN/WAN Gigabit Ethernet Ports, in other words, you can choose one of them as the WAN port, then the other one will be the LAN port. 

You can tell ISP the second MAC address (XX:XX:XX:XX:82:69) and ask them to bind the WAN MAC. 

You do not have to choose " I have a modem", theoretically, it won't affect the performance. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 WAN Port Mac Address-Solution
2020-03-04 02:05:24 - last edited 2020-03-04 02:44:36

@Rafid_Anjum 

Hello, there are 2 * LAN/WAN Gigabit Ethernet Ports, in other words, you can choose one of them as the WAN port, then the other one will be the LAN port. 

You can tell ISP the second MAC address (XX:XX:XX:XX:82:69) and ask them to bind the WAN MAC. 

You do not have to choose " I have a modem", theoretically, it won't affect the performance. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3925

Replies: 1

Related Articles