Votes

Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
96 Reply
RE:Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device
2022-11-22 17:10:56
This feels like a bug more than a feature request. If I share the camera, it asks for permissions. Where are those permissions? Nowhere. Then why is there a difference between shared and owner? This limitation makes no sense. But anyhow, it's been two years, and they've done nothing. So that's what I expect. Nothing.
Options
Re:Tapo C200 / permission calls for a shared device
2022-11-30 22:27:41

@Tamara1981 

After so long, TP-Link does not bother to consider request from consumers, I really regretted buying tapo model. I am changing to Mi that shares pan/tilt control to shared accounts. 

Options
2022-12-05 06:30:41
Just bought 2 Tapo C210. Admin account works fine. 1 camera on living room 1 camera on my bedroom. I shared the living room device to my brother but his doesn't have access to tilt/move, talk, call and other functions. I don't want to give him the Admin account since he will also have access to my bedroom's camera. The shared device permissions should be implemented ASAP.
Options
2022-12-05 23:59:19
I would like this feature too. My son and daughter have their own email but would love to be added as a guest if this feature is incorporated. This feature would also help carers of prople with dementia or other illness so that both the person giving and the person receiving care can speak back to each other whilst they are monitoring. It will also help as an intercom for children doing homework in another room in the house whilst mum is preparing dinner and allow mum and child to chat meaning mum can watch child doing homework and answer child's questions about homework without having to leave her dinner preparation to do so. It woukd be an invaluable feature. Please add it soon as the possibilities are endless.
Options
2022-12-06 00:03:38
If tapo dont do anything in next few months i will change to MI too.
Options
2022-12-06 15:01:25

does any TP-Link Officer or Customer Relationship Officer looking our voice and request?
Seems like so many year passed and they did NOTHING nor any movement from them.

Options
2022-12-07 18:16:12

I really regret that I bought my 3rd camera from TP-Link today. I never used the shared feature until today. And this is messed up. Im sharing the camera and my partner need the ability to talk and change the privacy mode.
I don't want to share my other cameras, therefor I don't want to have the same login.

2 years and TP-Link hasnt fixed this easy feature.....

Options
2022-12-08 19:22:16
I want this too!
Options
2022-12-10 16:22:34
+1 on this feature please!
Options
2022-12-12 11:49:41
I hope they change this step, I need to give admin access to several people and it's not possible, this makes no sense... no sense at all.
Options

Voters 53

+ 49 Voters