HS110 Energy Monitoring Not Working
I've been using a HS110 (V2) plug for a couple of years without any issues. I finally bit the bullet and decided to buy another one to use on some other devices at home with the view of getting more plugs and expand the energy monitoring and "smart" functionality throughout our rooms.
Rightly or wrongly, I purchased another HS110 on eBay which was sold as "New" and "Sealed". True enough, when I received it, it still had the shrink wrap around the box. I went through the same setup and added it to my Kasa account and can play around with the remote control function over Wi-Fi no problem. Immediately after getting it on the network, it prompted to complete a firmware update which completed successfully and now shows it as running firmware 1.2.5.
When I look at the Energy Monitoring screen, it always shows as 0.00w current power and 0.00kWh total consumption; whilst the runtime increases no problem.
The only difference between the two plugs I have are this "new" one is a V1 whereas the one I bought a couple of years ago is a V2.
Here are the things I have tried:
- Restart the HS110 V1
- Connect a low power device to the HS110 V1 (an iPhone charger)
- Connect a high power device to the HS110 V1 (a 55" LED TV)
- Restart the HS110 V1 and keep the HS110 V2 off the network
- Remove the HS110 V1 from my Kasa account and re-add it
- Complete a reset on the HS110 V2 by holding down the top button for 10-15 seconds and re-add it to my Kasa account
- Remove both the HS110 V1 and HS110 V2 from my Kasa account and add only the HS110 V1
- Reinstall the Kasa app on my iPhone SE, still cannot view energy monitoring
- Install the Kasa app on a Samsung Galaxy S8, still cannot view energy monitoring
- Install the Kasa app on a Google Pixel 4, still cannot view energy monitoring
- Change my network's SSID to something different, reset the HS110 V1, re-add to my Kasa account with the new network details
- Change my network to force 2.4GHz and turn off the 5GHz band, reset the HS110 V1 and re-add to my account with new network details
- Contact TP-Link online support and provided log files that don't show a huge amount of information
I appreciate to get the best support, eBay is not the place to buy from. I took the risk and whilst it appears to be a genuine sale, I don't know where the issue lies and I'm out of ideas.
Is there *anything* else I can try with the plug to either force a different type of "reset" or reinstall the firmware? I don't know if the energy monitoring worked on the stock firmware or if it broke after the update - unfortunately I didn't look at that bit before the firmware update prompt and I wish I did.
I find the functionality of the HS110 to be great for what I want and would have happily gone ahead and purchased 5-6 more, but I'm a bit hesitant if there are known issues perhaps with the V1 and there is no guarantee on what a retailer may send.
Thanks for any guidance and input folks.