HS100 Smart Plug looses connectivity when the other is disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-26 11:32:34
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

I have two HS100 smart plugs.

One is wifi connected next to my router, and the other is in another room and gets wifi connectivity through a wifi repeater I have installed.

When I turn off my wifi repeater, both smart plugs get disconnected!!!

It was expected that the one that is far from the router gets disconnected because I turn the wifi repeater off, but why does the other also looses connectivity??

It is at about 3 meters from the router and the wifi signal is fine!

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS100 Smart Plug looses connectivity when the other is disconnected
2020-08-28 11:52:05

Hi,

Any thoughts about this?

I really need help!

It makes no sense that when one plug looses wifi connectivity, the other also gets disconnected and stops working.

Thanks

Options
2020-09-25 05:43:51

@Severino 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Did the main router and repeater use the same SSID?

If yes, it might be because both plugs are connected to the repeater, not the main router;

if possible, after the range extender is unplugged, please try to unplug and plug back the home router to see if they could restore the connection;

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-25 14:00:32

@Brook thank you for your answer.

Yes, the repeater uses the same SSID as the main router but it makes no sense what is happening.

First of all, the plug that looses connectivity when the other one is disconnected is about 1 meter away from the main router, so it shouldn't be using the repeater that is far away.

Second, even if it was connected to the repeater, when the repeater is turned off, shouldn't it look for another connection and connect itself to the main router?

Options
2020-09-25 18:07:34
As she said, the switches are likely not connected to the AP that you're assuming. They usually connect to the first matching SSID they find, often not the strongest/closest. If you unplug the repeater they should find the base SSID and connect assuming the SSID passwords are the same. It make take a few minutes and it may even be necessary to power cycle them. You can usually find where they've actually connected by checking your router and AP status pages.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 741

Replies: 4

Related Articles