Archer C6 Only 100MBPS instead of 1GBPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-03 22:47:56 - last edited 2020-09-04 07:21:43
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5

Hello,

So I'm experiencing some weird issues with my TP-Link router . It's a Archer C6 (only 1 year old) and the speed has been reduced to 100mpbs.

Before I state the things I tried keep in mind that my current exact setup worked at 1 GBPS before. I was away for a couple of months and when I came back it just bottlenecks at 100 MBPS.

Things I tried :

- Tried different cable

- Tried different computer

- Tried manually setting the Speed & Duplex to 1000mbps but it didn't even detect the connection

- Tried manually setting Duplex in router settings to 1000MBPS full duplex, it doesn't work

The only way my PC automatically detects 1GBPS when I plug it directly to the modem .

I know it's something up with the TP-Link router, and If I recall correctly it might have been after the Firmware upgrade but not sure.

Does anyone else have this issue? 

Is the firmware update at fault ? if so can it be downgraded to an earlier version?

Edit:

The 5GHz connection works is at 1 GBPS , the lan ports are the only ones affected .  This is definitely a trend with TP-link routers from some google searches.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 Only 100MBPS instead of 1GBPS-Solution
2020-09-04 07:20:15 - last edited 2020-09-04 07:21:43

@DanielGhirasim 

Hi,

Have you tried to test the negotiation speed on another PC? It is strongly suggested to change another cat5e or above cable. 

What is the length of the Ethernet cable between the C6 and your PC, in other words, what is the distance between them? Is it the same cable when you are testing the speed with your modem directly?

Is it possible to get a gigabit switch to perform a test? And it is suggested to use a shorter cable and confirm again.

If none of the above works, please tell us the brand and model number of the gigabit ethernet adapter on that PC, we will check and investigate further.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Only 100MBPS instead of 1GBPS-Solution
2020-09-04 07:20:15 - last edited 2020-09-04 07:21:43

@DanielGhirasim 

Hi,

Have you tried to test the negotiation speed on another PC? It is strongly suggested to change another cat5e or above cable. 

What is the length of the Ethernet cable between the C6 and your PC, in other words, what is the distance between them? Is it the same cable when you are testing the speed with your modem directly?

Is it possible to get a gigabit switch to perform a test? And it is suggested to use a shorter cable and confirm again.

If none of the above works, please tell us the brand and model number of the gigabit ethernet adapter on that PC, we will check and investigate further.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer C6 Only 100MBPS instead of 1GBPS
2020-09-04 08:08:02

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for the response

I've tried on my laptop and it didn't work either (note that my laptop also has gigabit ethernet).

The cable is ok! I stated in my previous post that this exact setup worked. I changed literally nothing and it dropped to 100mbps.

I've troubleshooted for hours this problem and the problem is the TP-Link router.

It's either something wrong with the new firmware update or something went wrong inside the routers electronics . I don't really know .

My internet adaptor is Intel I219-V.

Options
Re:Archer C6 Only 100MBPS instead of 1GBPS
2020-09-04 11:16:02

@DanielGhirasim 

Hello, thanks for the update.

Have you tried to reset the C6 to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch? Please give it a shot and see how it goes.

If none of this helps, it is suggested to contact the local tech support to request a warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Good days.

Options