Required to Press WiFi On/Off button after every power outrage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-10 03:48:28 - last edited 2020-09-10 09:34:04
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

After every power outrage human intervention required to restore normal operation of the Archer A10 router. 

We have IP cameras which cannot be accessed when not at home in case of a power outrage during the period. 

It is also difficult for family to access and internet after power outrage in case I am not home. 

Is there any settings or firmware update that can fix this problem?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Required to Press WiFi On/Off button after every power outrage -Solution
2020-09-10 09:33:59 - last edited 2020-09-10 09:34:04

@PPillaiA10 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP? What is the WAN connection type on the A10?

How about the internet LED on the A10 when the internet drops, is it orange or green? Can you access its web interface at that time? If yes, what are the WAN IP address and default gateway at that time?

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

If possible, you may get another router to test the line or modem to confirm if it is the ISP issue or the router issue, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Required to Press WiFi On/Off button after every power outrage -Solution
2020-09-10 09:33:59 - last edited 2020-09-10 09:34:04

@PPillaiA10 

Hello,

May I know who is your ISP? What is the WAN connection type on the A10?

How about the internet LED on the A10 when the internet drops, is it orange or green? Can you access its web interface at that time? If yes, what are the WAN IP address and default gateway at that time?

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/

If possible, you may get another router to test the line or modem to confirm if it is the ISP issue or the router issue, thanks.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Required to Press WiFi On/Off button after every power outrage
2020-09-10 13:02:34

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

The Service Provider is ION. They have a fiber line to my house and the A10 router is connected through a modem.

The problem is when the power goes off  that is power to the Router goes off and after the power is restored, human intervention is required for Router to start functional.

When I am not home, this manual intervention is not possible and the internet connection is not restored. The IP Camera cannot be accessed when we are not home and if there is a power loss in between.

Options
2020-09-10 13:04:51

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

It is a router issue. With my old router, never had this problem.

When power to the Router is restored, it is expected to restart and restore internet according the settings done.

The settings are not lost, but the router do not restart. Only the Power button is lit and not other LEDs are lit.

Options
2020-09-11 01:53:30

@PPillaiA10 

Hello, do you mean only PWR LED is on when the power supply is restored in your house? Please show us the bottom label of your A10 and if you are using the original power supply adapter, thanks a lot.

Options
2020-09-11 04:27:08

@Kevin_Z 

That's right. When the power restores, only the power LED is ON. I am using the power supply received with the Router.

Options
2020-09-14 03:41:50

@PPillaiA10 

Hello, it seems that the power supply in your region may not be stable and the router may fail to restart correctly when the power is back. It is suggested to unplug the power adapter of the router when the power in your house is down next time, then plug the power adapter back in after 1-2 minutes later when the power is back to confirm if this will help.

Options
2020-09-14 05:39:49

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

It is not Power fluctuation. When the power goes off, it comes in about 10 minutes and remain stable. Still the Router do nto restart propoerly.

I even checked by powering off the Router manually and then power it back. The Router did not start functional until i pressed the WiFi On/Off button.

Options
2020-09-14 10:12:04

@PPillaiA10 

Hello, the issue you reported is quite abnormal, as you said you need to press the WiFi ON/OFF button to restart the router while you also mentioned it's only the PWR LED on when the power is restored in your house, actually, I'm quite confused and lost. That is to say, if there is only PWR LED, you cannot just restart it by pressing the WiFi ON/OFF button.

If you insist this is a router issue, it is suggested to contact the local tech support to see if they have any further suggestions or if they can help you replace it:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 658

Replies: 8

Related Articles