TAPO P100 power fault

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TAPO P100 power fault

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TAPO P100 power fault
TAPO P100 power fault
2020-09-22 11:12:24

Hi,

I have bought a brand new TAPO P100 plug.  I configured it without problems but when I switch it On, I see the green light lit and I hear the sound of the relay inside but I have no power output...  It worked the first time I test it, but the second time I tried it didn´t...  I have connected a switched power supply (12Vdc-5A) to power on a led strip, Does this plug have any trouble dealing with switched power supplies? Or it is just a production failure?

Of course I´m returning the plug back, but just want to know if I can use this item to power on a 12Vdc power supply...

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:TAPO P100 power fault
2020-09-25 04:58:25

@Jon_M_C 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tested the Tapo P100 with other devices, like your smartphone, or lamps?

By the way, what do you mean switched power supply (12Vdc-5A) and can I have a specific model so that I could have a further check?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-09-25 05:46:00

Brook wrote

@Jon_M_C 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Have you tested the Tapo P100 with other devices, like your smartphone, or lamps?

By the way, what do you mean switched power supply (12Vdc-5A) and can I have a specific model so that I could have a further check?

Thank you very much.

Hi Brook,

I tested the Tapo with a multimeter and didn't switch.  

With switched power supply I mean a 230Vac-12Vdc (5A) power supply, to lit led strips up.

Yesterday I received a new Tapo and I have tested with the same power supply and is working perfectly, so I asume that it was a defective unit.

Tapo plug is now working with my power supply.

Options
2021-11-16 04:25:37

@Brook 

I have exactly the same problem. Not at all impressed with TP-Link, this is the first smart plug I decided to buy and straight away it's a fail. It's all fabulously smart communicating with Google and Samsung and all but it fails to do the one thing it's been designed for - supply electricity. Tried different sockets and different appliances to no avail. Probably don't even have the receipt to return it because i didn't anticipate any issues so really annoyed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1624

Replies: 3