hs100 not switching on/off PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-22 21:09:10 - last edited 2020-09-25 04:53:14
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have identified a problem with this smart plug, when using it for switching on/off a PC .

The plug is correctly configured and the KASA application works OK.

After several days of as-intended-functioning the smart plug stopped switching on/off the PC.

Kasa application still controls the on/off LED indicator on the plug, I can hear the relay action inside the plug, but the power supply will not go on/off  and I cannot control switching the PC remotely.

I have noticed that the relay sound is much quieter compared to the one when the plug works properly.

I can make the plug work correctly again by unplugging it from the extension lead for 1 second.

I have not seen this strange behaviour when the plug controls purely resistive load ( a lamp ).

I wonder if the PC's PSU makes the plug's action unstable, however I believe (based on the sound and dissasembly photos) there is a regular electromagnetic OMRON G5RL relay, that should not be affected by the magic of a resistive/inductive load imbalance...

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:hs100 not switching on/off PC-Solution
2020-09-25 04:53:09 - last edited 2020-09-25 04:53:14

@hs100user 

Good day.

Thank you for your time and patience.

For your case, we would like to check some information and forward your case to the senior engineers:

1. Could you please help me check the system info about your computer, such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/
  2. By the way, when the plug is switched on, if you manually turn on the computer, would the computer boot up?
  3. Can I have a picture of the product label on the smart plug?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:hs100 not switching on/off PC-Solution
2020-09-25 04:53:09 - last edited 2020-09-25 04:53:14

@hs100user 

Good day.

Thank you for your time and patience.

For your case, we would like to check some information and forward your case to the senior engineers:

1. Could you please help me check the system info about your computer, such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/
  2. By the way, when the plug is switched on, if you manually turn on the computer, would the computer boot up?
  3. Can I have a picture of the product label on the smart plug?

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 682

Replies: 1