Mainz / Slaven issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mainz / Slaven issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mainz / Slaven issue
Mainz / Slaven issue
2020-09-24 20:43:44 - last edited 2020-09-25 09:28:40
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

Hi guys,

Ive the 3-pack in my home.

The setup is like this:

Modem/router -> Main Deco -> (ethernet) slave 1 -> (WiFi) slave 2.

The Deco is in routing mode.

My problem: slave 2 is actually not connected to slave 1 but to the main Deco. Why is it not picking the fastest path to my utp wired slave? And how do i force this?

Side note:

The main Deco is downstairs and must have worste connectivity to slave 2 than slave 1 has to slave 2. Main to slave 2 has only 2 bars out of 3 signal strenght towards slave 3 by the way.

Please help :)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Mainz / Slaven issue-Solution
2020-09-25 09:28:25 - last edited 2020-09-25 09:28:40

@Radeondutch 

Hi, thanks for asking.

Normally, Deco will select the best source unit to connect automatically, and there is currently no option on the Deco app to force it to connect to a certain source unit. You can try to relocate the 2nd node and the 3rd, ensure the 3rd one is physically far away from the main. And you can reboot the third Deco and verify whether it will connect to the 2nd. 

We do have the plan to add such a feature to force a Deco unit to connect to a certain one in the future firmware updates, please kindly wait and pay attention to the Deco app.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Mainz / Slaven issue-Solution
2020-09-25 09:28:25 - last edited 2020-09-25 09:28:40

@Radeondutch 

Hi, thanks for asking.

Normally, Deco will select the best source unit to connect automatically, and there is currently no option on the Deco app to force it to connect to a certain source unit. You can try to relocate the 2nd node and the 3rd, ensure the 3rd one is physically far away from the main. And you can reboot the third Deco and verify whether it will connect to the 2nd. 

We do have the plan to add such a feature to force a Deco unit to connect to a certain one in the future firmware updates, please kindly wait and pay attention to the Deco app.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 1

Related Articles