WiFi can’t be used

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WiFi can’t be used

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WiFi can’t be used
WiFi can’t be used
2020-09-26 13:24:36 - last edited 2020-09-27 01:41:40

The password hasn't changed but the WiFi is always telling me the password is incorrect. Although there is showing the WiFi in my phone, I can't really use it to connect the internet. I have already reset it many time but I still can't use it. What can I do?😵

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WiFi can’t be used-Solution
2020-09-27 01:41:35 - last edited 2020-09-27 01:41:40

@Yilia 

Hello, may I know the model number of your TP-Link router?

Does this issue occur on all the wireless clients or just some of them? What are they and are they connecting to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? Please try to change the wireless channel on the router to a different one such as 1/6/11 for 2.4GHz and 36/40/44 for 5GHz, then try to connect to the wireless network again.

Meanwhile, you may change the wireless security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then confirm.

Can you try to enable the guest network on the router (if yours has this feature) and try to connect to the guest network, will there be the same issue?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1561/

Have you tried to reset the router to its factory and reconfigure it from scratch? If not yet, please give it a shot.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi can’t be used-Solution
2020-09-27 01:41:35 - last edited 2020-09-27 01:41:40

@Yilia 

Hello, may I know the model number of your TP-Link router?

Does this issue occur on all the wireless clients or just some of them? What are they and are they connecting to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? Please try to change the wireless channel on the router to a different one such as 1/6/11 for 2.4GHz and 36/40/44 for 5GHz, then try to connect to the wireless network again.

Meanwhile, you may change the wireless security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then confirm.

Can you try to enable the guest network on the router (if yours has this feature) and try to connect to the guest network, will there be the same issue?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1561/

Have you tried to reset the router to its factory and reconfigure it from scratch? If not yet, please give it a shot.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 1

Related Articles