dimmer HS220 worked until I added it to software, now won't turn on or dim

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-04 20:30:46
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I got fed up with the last dimmer when their hub went cash-subscription and wanted $14.99/month to be able to use alexa to dim my DR LIghts. I installed this HS220, It worked fine, dimming all of my LED Candelabra bulbs UNTIL I downloaded the software and added it...now the lights won't come on with the app, NOR manually?  any idea?  My switch IS wired to a neutral wire as required... just wondering WHY it lost functionality once I added it to app, I am reading about it being only able to dim ONE bulb properly and/only the bulbs that are " Check the dimmer type of the light. The HS220 only supports dimmable incandescent and LED lights based on TRIAC and  forward-phase-control, while it doesn’t support lamps based on PWM(pulse width module) or ELV(electronic low voltage)dimming. "   is this an indication that mine won't do what I want without changing all of the bulbs? any help would be appreciated:)

Options
2 Reply
Re:dimmer HS220 worked until I added it to software, now won't turn on or dim
2020-10-09 05:47:58

@RIchard-AZ 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Are you trying to say, HS220 used to work fine with the LED Candelabra bulbs, not once they are replaced by the DR lights, it stopped working properly?

If not, what program did you install and add which caused the lights stopped working?

Are you able to turn on or off the bulbs, but not dim the bulbs properly, or even the turning on/off is not working properly?

For what kind of Dimmer types that HS220 supported, you could refer to this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2939/

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:dimmer HS220 worked until I added it to software, now won't turn on or dim
2020-10-09 15:24:11
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 2