Connection to the secondary network generated by TL-WA850RE range extender fails.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection to the secondary network generated by TL-WA850RE range extender fails.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-12 15:41:49 - last edited 2020-10-14 02:17:54
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Trying to connect the extended wifi net (primary network name plus a _EXT suffix ) generated with a WPS procedure, a network security key is requested but the primary network password is not accepted and an error message "connection to this network impossible" is supplied.

What can i do?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connection to the secondary network generated by TL-WA850RE range extender fails.-Solution
2020-10-14 02:17:46 - last edited 2020-10-14 02:17:54

@albi42 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know the model number of your home router?

Can I have a picture of the error message when failed to work?

And please also try to reset the 850re and set up via Tether APP or web interface, instead of the WPS button;

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Connection to the secondary network generated by TL-WA850RE range extender fails.-Solution
2020-10-14 02:17:46 - last edited 2020-10-14 02:17:54

@albi42 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

May I know the model number of your home router?

Can I have a picture of the error message when failed to work?

And please also try to reset the 850re and set up via Tether APP or web interface, instead of the WPS button;

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1373/

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connection to the secondary network generated by TL-WA850RE range extender fails.
2020-10-14 08:42:53

@Solla-topee 

Thank you for your answer

-The router is FASTGate GPON model FGA2130FWB connected to the network with an optical fiber

-Client is a laptop with WINDOWS 10 OS (italian lnguage)

-The Primary WIFI network name (redefined) is ROCCATI-GAR9. (This network can be connected without problems)

-The Secondary extended network name is ROCCATI-GAR9_EXT protected and the automatic connection flag is on .

Selecting the ROCCATI-GAR9_EXT WIFI net and pressing the 'CONNECT' button  here the following steps

1)           SYSTEM 'Immetti la chiave di sicurezza' ( insert the security key)

2)  I enter the security key ( the same of the modem/router  primary network) and push the 'AVANTI' (go on) button

note  --If i try to enter a wrong security key, the system notify en error message. So seems that the the security key is accepted

3)           SYSTEM ' Vuoi consentire al PC di essere individuabile per altri PC e dispositivi di rete? (YES/NO)

4) I YES

5) SYSTEM 'Non è possibile connettersi a questa rete'

Up to now I have not tried the WEB initialization procedure ( not so clear to me)

Thank you again

Options
Re:Connection to the secondary network generated by TL-WA850RE range extender fails.
2020-10-14 13:05:26

@albi42 

Thank you again

The problem is solved. It was necessary to redefine the secondary network name deleting the _EXT suffix so to make the primary and secondary name the same.

This was not possible with the WPS procedure (as far as I know). I have used the Tplink Teather app.

However it is not clear to me wy the extended net default name was not accepted.

Best Regards

Alberto Ancarani

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 526

Replies: 3

Related Articles