trying to program an HS105 smart plug to turn and off to control an espresso machine using Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

trying to program an HS105 smart plug to turn and off to control an espresso machine using Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-13 22:22:37
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The smartplug turns on at the correct time but does not turn off after 60 minutes as programmed.

Options
5 Reply
Re:trying to program an HS105 smart plug to turn and off to control an espresso machine using Kasa app
2020-10-16 03:27:07

@john1938 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you set up the schedule to turn on the plugs, then turn off one hour later?

If possible, can I have a picture of the schedule settings of your smart plug?

And may I know how long have you had it and did this issue start out of box?

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:trying to program an HS105 smart plug to turn and off to control an espresso machine using Kasa app
2020-10-16 03:47:23

Brook wrote

@john1938 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

Did you set up the schedule to turn on the plugs, then turn off one hour later?

If possible, can I have a picture of the schedule settings of your smart plug?

And may I know how long have you had it and did this issue start out of box?

Thanks a lot.t 

@Brook I'm not sure what you mean by "schedule. I am using the KASA app on my iphone and have set up Smart Actions to turn on the plug every daY at 2:30 PM  snd turn off after 60 minutes. It turns on OK but does not turn off. I hsve only been trying this for about a week now, since I have never tried to program a scheduled action before. I don't know how to send you a picture of what I have done.

I appreciate any help you can give me to do this. Whst I sam trying to do is turn on power to my Espresso machine so that it heats up automatically for me to make my daily coffee.

Thanks,

John

Options
2020-10-20 22:18:59

@john1938 Hi Brook,

i finally found what you meant by "schedule' and have now gone to the Devices in KASA and set the Schedule to turn on the plug at 2:30 and turn off at 3:30. I previously had set a Scene timer to do it. I have now deleted this scene and it is working as I wanted now.

Thanks very much for your help.

John

Options
2021-09-12 09:49:33

Hi and sorry for the noob question, I hope that I'm doing it in the relevant thread. Which espresso machines are exactly suitable for HS smart plugs and Kasa app? I mean when you pick an espresso machine, on a product card there’s nothing about it. Got cheap De'Longhi. Of course, I realize that it's out of standards. What to choose finally for the upgrade? 

Sorry for bothering 

All the best

Frank

Options
2021-09-12 21:00:31
If, when you plug in the espresso machine directly into the outlet the espresso machine starts working, it can work with a smart plug. If the machine won't start working until you touch a button, you need another solution, the kasa switch can only power it down.
AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 5