Continue Live Feed even when on Local Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-17 20:04:47
Model: KC110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi I purchased a pair of these cameras yesterday to use as baby monitors, knowing that on our home wifi network we can continuously view the feed

However I still receive the "continue live streaming" prompt on both iOS and Android. How do I get around this? It seemed to work once only for me so seems possible 

thanking you,

matt

Options
3 Reply
Re:Continue Live Feed even when on Local Network
2020-10-19 19:27:11

@Matt82au You won't get much support from TP-Link.  I am a heavily invested customer in their technology, I can tell you this.  Make sure you are on the same wifi network as the camera.  I haven't tested this fully, but I believe the frequency may even play into this issue.  If you can force your phone to 2.4ghz, see if it fixes the issue.  You may also be able to turn off the 5ghz radio to ensure that both the phone and the camera are on the same one.  If this isn't the issue, try restarting the phone.  I know that if you are on cellular, you will not be able to view more the 10 minutes without interacting with the app.  However, it shouldn't timeout if your on the same network.  Let me know what you come up with.

Options
2020-10-20 03:02:13

@Matt82au 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Sorry for the delay.

As @KasaUser005  said, there would be no interruption if the smartphone is on the same wireless network as the camera;

And if you use Amazon Echo or Google assistance, this notice would pop put automatically around 10mins;

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-10-20 03:27:18

@Brook 

thanks for feedback 

What I seen to notice is if I am streaming one camera to iOS and one to Android, the iOS feed times out. 

if I stream to iOS only (single feed) it runs non stop

if I stream to android and android, it runs non stop. 

ill see if I can confirm this behaviour with some more tests, as doesn't seem right 

will post back soon

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1103

Replies: 3

Related Articles