Some apps and websites not rendering on iPhone C

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-28 07:03:17 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:00:00
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

Hi there. 

Certain apps on the iPhone X do not render images on, or even load. I.e the guardian app doesn't refresh and I have to switch to my 4G on my phone to load it.

Please advise or I will have to return it. 

many thanks 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Some apps and websites not rendering on iPhone C-Solution
2020-10-28 09:58:48 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:00:00

@St3vod 

Hi, the Deco M4 firmware version is quite old, please update it first and confirm again.

BTW, who is your ISP and is the Deco M4 working as a router or Access Point? If it is a router, try to change the DNS settings on its WAN to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot it and confirm.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Some apps and websites not rendering on iPhone C-Solution
2020-10-28 09:58:48 - last edited 2020-10-28 10:00:00

@St3vod 

Hi, the Deco M4 firmware version is quite old, please update it first and confirm again.

BTW, who is your ISP and is the Deco M4 working as a router or Access Point? If it is a router, try to change the DNS settings on its WAN to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot it and confirm.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Some apps and websites not rendering on iPhone C
2020-10-29 08:26:35

@TP-Link_Deco hi there, thanks for that. So I updated the firmware to 1.4.3 but I am unsure if your second part. We have a Vodafone 4G/5G Hawaii router which is the main router (and apps work fine connected directly to this) and then the first Tp link is connected to that with an Ethernet cable. I then created a three device mesh. 

the classic example is the daily mail app, it does not render or update unless I go to my mobile 4G which is on three. 

cheers 

Options
Re:Some apps and websites not rendering on iPhone C
2020-10-29 10:14:45

@St3vod 

Hi, thanks for getting back.

Even after updating the Deco M4 firmware to the latest, there is still an issue?

On the Deco APP, please tap “More “in the bottom right corner then go to “Advanced”, where you will see the working mode. Please check if it is on router mode, try to switch to AP mode.

Nice day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 3

Related Articles