Cameras not discovered by Alexa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-31 12:15:15
Model: KC115  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.2

My two TP-Link cameras, a KC-110 and a KC-115 are working fine in the Kasa app, viewable and controllable.

When I attempt to discover them in the Amazon Alexa Skill they are not detected "No new deivces found", when I ask my Echo show to display either camera she says "there is no device of that name"

I have reset, disabled, reloaded and reinstalled everthing at least twice.

Is it possible that I need to open more ports or there is a firewall or network issue, I have a pfsense router uPNP is enabled?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cameras not discovered by Alexa app
2020-10-31 13:20:25

@Jolltax 

Good day,

Are you able to remote control the cameras on the 4g network?

Did the cameras work fine with Alexa before?

Have you tried to unlink the TP-Link Kasa account and link again with Alexa to have a look?

If possible, please also try to change the device name of the cameras and discover again to see if there is any new device?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-31 19:10:11 - last edited 2020-10-31 19:11:14

@Brook 

Neither camera has ever worked with Alexa.

The app works perfectly, including over 4g and I can watch,  and control both cameras

The TP-link skill for Alexa installs OK but as mentioned does not detect the cameras. 

I have rebooted all devices,  disabled and re-enabled the skill and uninstalled and reinstalled the apps.

Other smart devices wirh different apps are discovered and work OK with Alexa e.g. those that connect through my broadlink hub 

I changed the names of both cameras,  it has not made a difference

Options
2020-11-03 08:14:44

@Jolltax 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

We would like to follow up your case by email and check with the senior engineers for more advice.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-03 13:35:07
Now working OK, not sure why, but no further support required
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 4