MR200 stuck at generating VPN certificate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 18:03:30 - last edited 2020-11-06 03:48:10
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.17.0.0.9.1

Ok. On previous fe version it fot stuck on Generating certificate for OpenVPN. Everything is disabled on the page. I did facrory reset few times. Same after. Upgraded to latest fw version. Nothing helped. Anyone?

Options
3 Reply
Re:MR200 stuck at generating VPN certificate
2020-11-05 22:40:42 - last edited 2020-11-06 03:48:10

@KokeshKokesh 

I faintly remember I have seen this before on my router, which is a different TP-Link model, though. I think it was something to do with how the process was started. On my model the certificate can be created by either clicking the button "Generate" or by checking "Enable VPN Server", which will ask you to generate a certificate and only one of the two ways may have worked.

Also, if you use DDNS, then check that it is setup correctly, because the DDNS address may actually be part of the certificate.

Options
2020-11-06 22:16:22

@woozle I had it running foe a.year.or so. So the certificate was there. Now I can't save settings, all rhe buttons are diaabled.

Options
2021-04-01 16:20:04

@KokeshKokesh SOLVED! 

In Chrome select Inspect Element on Generate Button.

In Developer console in the button HTML rewrite disabled in the following to anything else and quickly change the now enabled Generate button (quickly before it redisables)

<button type="submit" class="green T_c_genCert l_auto pure-button tp-btn-custom" id="genCert" disabled><span class="undefined">Generate</span></button>

I've scrolled the page above the console, so I see the button. Was quick and made it :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1083

Replies: 3

Related Articles