Kasa does not see HS110 in spite of good wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 21:05:39 - last edited 2020-11-18 08:11:25
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

My HS110 plug has a good wifi connection, but the Kasa Android app cannot control it. The device is seen from the app, but when I try to change it via the app, I get "Device Unreachable". I have recently changed router from Technicolor to Ubiquiti Unifi, and the problems have come after that change. Is there some port to be opened, or some protocol to be enabled?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa does not see HS110 in spite of good wifi connection-Solution
2020-11-18 08:10:16 - last edited 2020-11-18 08:11:25

@ingolfdahl 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your patience.

The recently firmware update is only on the V4.1 and V2 would not be affected.

And the FW1.1 would only stop the communication with the un-authorized third party program, such as home assistant and would not affect the normal use on Kasa.

For your case, since the host network has changed, you might need to reset the smart plug and set it up again with the new wireless network.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa does not see HS110 in spite of good wifi connection
2020-11-16 17:40:56

@ingolfdahl 

Hi.

I have 2 out of 8 HS100 plugs that have stopped working.

Think it is a buggy firmware update that has caused this and waiting for an update from support.

There are others on here with similar problems.

Options
Re:Kasa does not see HS110 in spite of good wifi connection-Solution
2020-11-18 08:10:16 - last edited 2020-11-18 08:11:25

@ingolfdahl 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your patience.

The recently firmware update is only on the V4.1 and V2 would not be affected.

And the FW1.1 would only stop the communication with the un-authorized third party program, such as home assistant and would not affect the normal use on Kasa.

For your case, since the host network has changed, you might need to reset the smart plug and set it up again with the new wireless network.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Kasa does not see HS110 in spite of good wifi connection
2020-11-19 19:51:16

@Brook, I did just that, I deleted the HS110 from Kasa, reset and restarted HS110 before writing here and asking. Kasa accepted the device, but then it mostly cannot reach it, it tells me that the device is unreachable. However, sometimes it manages to turn the switch on or off after had thought about it for a while.

I probably wrote this with hardware and firmware versions wrong. I do not find any information about versions "V2" or "V4", nowhere any "V". But Kasa tells me now that the Hardware version is 2.0 and the Firmware Version is 1.5.4. It also tells me "Location Last synced 2020-11-11 2...". Sometimes it also states "Local only", and I do not see how to change that.
I am still wondering if there is anything with the protocols used, or if some port should be opened.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 795

Replies: 3