Cameras and Smart Action

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cameras and Smart Action

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cameras and Smart Action
Cameras and Smart Action
2020-11-16 13:24:11 - last edited 2020-11-16 14:41:35
Model: KC310S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12

Hi.

I am installing this cameras (KC310) in my home to use them as an alarm system. I would like to know if it is possible to configure the Smart Actions so that when any camera detects motion, it can turn ON all my smart switches and plugs (or the selected ones). At this moment I can only configure 1 camera with 1 smart swiths ony, and is limited to 3 smart actions!!! I live in a big house I will buy about 6 cameras to monitor all entrances. Since TP - Link doesn't have an alarm security system, a better SMART ACTION will be needed. Any ideas?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cameras and Smart Action
2020-11-18 02:14:11

@ASBGROUP 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your patience.

Currently, Up to 50 Smart Actions can be created under one Kasa account, but only up to 3 can be enabled at the same time.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2567/

We have reported the feedback to the senior engineers already for further evaluation.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
Re:Cameras and Smart Action
2020-11-18 13:31:47

@Brook 

Good morning to you too:

Thank you for the information. As I said in the original conversation, to the system works properly, all cameras (6) should have Smart Action at the same time. Even if they are in a group or individually. If actual app only allows to have enable a maximun of 3, not all areas are included in the security system.

As someone sugest in other post, I also tried the SMARTTHING app, but it doesn't recognize the Kasa Cameras. About using the TP-Link mesh, I already renovate the local access with other TP-Links routers, using them as access point, so this is not an option.I don't know if using the Kasa Care subscription, will solve this.

If not, even that I like the stability of the Kasa smart plugs and switches (vs Wemo), in this current situation, I am force to return the cameras to Amazon and look for other options, .

Sincerely,

ASBGROUP

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 565

Replies: 2

Related Articles