Smart plug not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-16 14:40:51
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Can someone help me please.

I have a HS100 that was working perfectly a few days ago, but has suddenly stopped working and I cannot connect it to my WiFi 🤯

I have tried different locations, changing the router encryption, fixing the channel, but all to no avail.

Total waste of £30 if I cannot connect it to my WiFi.

TIA Shawn

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart plug not connecting
2020-11-16 17:31:50
Hi. Same issue here. Have 2 out of 8 plugs that have stopped working. Think it is a buggy firmware update that has caused this and waiting for an update from support. There are others on here with similar problems.
Options
2020-11-18 08:20:55

@STB 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your patience.

The recently firmware update is only on the V4.1 and V2 would not be affected.

And the FW1.1 would only stop the communication with the un-authorized third party program, such as home assistant and would not affect the normal use of Kasa.

So for your case, may I know which step that you could not get through during the setup?---can I have a picture of that?

May I know the modem number of your home router?

And how long have you had the HS100 V2?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-18 11:28:34

@Saggyhaggis @Brook 

I'm in the same boat as you @Saggyhaggis!

This change has completley broken my smart home! I have over 15 smart plugs and switches that have all just broken with Home Assistant! I have two more Kasa switches I was about to install as well!  The Kasa Smart app does not provide the same capability as Home Assistant.

I use Home Assistant + my Kasa devices + my continous blood glucose monitor to wake me up in the middle of the night when my blood sugar levels go low (e.g. turn on my bedroom lamp and lights when my blood sugar is below safe levels). I now need to go out and buy new smart switches!

Options
2020-11-18 14:34:19

@Brook 

Good afternoon.

I am switching to settings to connect to the plug, going back to KASA (via the on-screen 'continue' prompt) and then, after a few cycles of the "connecting" screen, I get thrown out to a error screen where I have tried all (and more) suggestions to resolve.

I bought a triple pack from Amazon November last year.

My router is Virgin Media's Super Hub 2 (Netgear).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 959

Replies: 4

Related Articles