Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
86 Reply
Re:Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update
2020-12-01 20:34:54

@Googs No new firmware yet. I've just ordered a load of Broadcom SP4L units instead - they're £15.59 for a twin pack on Amazon now

Options
Re:Kasa devices and Home Assistant - Integration now broken due to firmware update
2020-12-03 14:11:41

Cheers @roryd  had not seen those before. Nice one.

The one review on it at the moment is preventing me from just chancing them but they look to fit the bill for sure. 

I like the power monitoring of the HS110 and if this integration issue doesn't get worked out they will be the next stop for sure. 

def can't argue with the price

Options
2020-12-04 18:55:30

So what is the current status? Is there any sign of an update to resolve this issue. 

Options
2020-12-04 19:04:36

I was told by TP-Link yesterday it will be within the next 15 days.

Options
2020-12-04 19:13:09

@ntsmkfob cheers.  

Options
2020-12-04 19:24:50

@Googs turns out those Broadlink SP4L-UK units aren't supported by the integration yet 😕

Options
2020-12-05 22:01:56

I purchased two KP400 outdoor plugs and received them last week.  The first thing they did was a firmware upgrade after getting a network connection.  They are now at hardware version 2.0 and firmware version 1.0.6.  I assume this issue also impacts the KP400 as I was unable to get Home Assistant to discover them.  Can anyone confirm if this does impact the KP400 units, and if so if an integration will be provided to support local API usage with HA?

Also is there a possibility of utilizing a remote API for HA?  I haven't looked to be honest, so perhaps there is.  I was thinking that perhaps a remote API integration would be better than nothing, although this is painful when there is lack of Internet obviously.

I was debating on just sending the two KP400 units back to Amazon if they won't work with HA.  While the Kasa app is nice, without HA, I cannot integrate them with my other smart home platforms and they are not as useful to me.

Thanks all.

Options
2020-12-06 16:24:33

@MLJenkins I got couple of KP400s (before I learned about this fiasco) and setup, they received updates immediately after connecting to the internet, so they both show hardware version: 2.0, firmware version 1.0.6. I am able to access these via Home Assistant (as of this writing it is working). I am from US region if that matters. 

Options
2020-12-09 10:17:28

@Googs I manually added an entry to the init.py file and the SP4L-UK units work, and there's now a pull request with this pending merging into the library, so it should be generally available shortly.

Options
2020-12-11 05:34:51

@Brook 

Asking for a family member:

Will the following firmware updates break anything with the old API / Home Assistant?

• 1.1.3 for US/Canada H103 HW V2.1
  • 1.1.4 for US/Canada HS200 HW V3.0

The release notes state Wi-Fi and other stability improvements.

Options
Related Articles