Arche A7 lose connection every night.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-28 08:28:52
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20201120

Hello,

Every morning when I try to connect to internet, I see that my Archer A7 doesn't have internet connection anymore (internet light orange) 

To fix it, I need to turn the Archer A7 off and turn it on again. The internet comes back and everything works fine for the day. 

However, the next morning, when I try to browser some webpage I see that I don't have connection anymore. So I need to turn off and turn on everything again, so annoying...

On my Arche A7, I see every morning that the internet light is orange. Few weeks ago, I updated the the software, the current verion is 1.1.0 build 20201120 rel. 50399. I don't know if this update is the source of this problem.

Someone can help me to solve this problem? 

Thanks for your help

Options
6 Reply
Re:Arche A7 lose connection every night.
2020-12-28 12:58:51 - last edited 2020-12-28 12:59:40

@drop 

You can view the device logs for potential issues recorded.
If you recently upgraded the FW try to hard reset (Method 1) the router and reconfigure from scratch - that can help too.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-28 05:02:11

@drop I have the same problem. I didn't have it before I installed the new firmware.

Options
2021-01-28 06:11:25

@porpoise 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

Who is your ISP? Is it Dynamic IP or PPPoE on the A7 WAN? Was there a WAN IP address when there is no internet on the A7 every morning? What if you login to the web interface of the A7, go to WAN page and hit disconnect, then connect, will it connect back?

Do you mean the internet on the A7 was working fine before this firmware update? Try Ivaylo's suggestions to reset the A7 to factory defaults then reconfigure it, then confirm again.

Options
2021-01-28 18:28:09
My ISP, CenturyLink Fiber, went down this morning. I'll check the router again when it's restored. I had problems with the Archer A7 the day before but it could be related. I connect the Archer to the router they gave me using DHCP. That part still works. That gateway is on a different subnet than my Archer clients but it's been working fine for months.
Options
2021-01-28 20:08:00

@porpoise 

Just a suggestion:

If you use a device by the ISP, you can use your Archer as an AP (here's how), thus avoiding the double NAT in your network and simlify things.

Or if the ISP device can be set in bridge mode (with its wi-fi disabled), you can use your Archer as a main router and again avoid the double NAT.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-01-29 05:14:48

@drop  My fiber connection is restored and my router worked well for 5 hrs of streaming TV and internet surfing. Then it crashed again and I had to reboot it. It could be a memory leak in the new firmware. I'm going to reset it to the factory default. I had no issues before I installed the update. I'm disappointed.

Options