Votes

Add additional abilities to the "timer" function.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-30 22:48:56
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

It would be beneficial to be able to set at "timer" on any given KASA smart switch without starting the timer from the KASA app.  For example, set a switch to "timer mode" and select a time, such as 15 minutes and this would stay this way until removed within the app.  Then, any time that particular switch is pressed, the light, fan, etc. would stay on 15 minutes (or any amount pre-selected) and then turn off.

I see this being used in the following types of scenarios:

1) Switch is controlling a bathroom fan and it is desired to stay on 15 minutes and then shut off any time the button is pressed.

2) Switch is controlling bathroom heat lamp and it is desired to stay on only 30 minutes at a time.

3) Switch is controlling a hallway light and it is desired to stay on for 3 minutes to give the user time to get to their bedroom and then automatically turns off.

4) Switch is controlling a food pantry light and it is desired to stay on for 1 minute will grabbing something from a shelf and then automatically turns off.

5) Switch is controlling a garage light and it is desired to stay on for 3 minutes to allow user to get from their vehicle to inside their house and then automatically turns off.

I realize there is a timer function within the app, but it would be nice if you could select a preset in the app that would stay the same every time a given switch is pressed locally.

Thank you.  You guys do great work and we love all your products!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Add additional abilities to the "timer" function.
2021-02-06 13:43:48

@jgabor I agree! Would be great to see one additional features on the 200 like the double tap and long press on the 220.

Options
2021-03-12 01:54:01 - last edited 2021-03-12 01:54:50

@jgabor I think you can already do that with the Auto Off Time in the Automations section. I do not have any switches, but the option is available for smart plugs.

Options
2021-03-12 19:42:22

@ValentinMTL Yeah you are correct on that one, you can do it through the smart actions!

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 778

Replies: 3

Voters 2