It would be beneficial to be able to set at "timer" on any given KASA smart switch without starting the timer from the KASA app. For example, set a switch to "timer mode" and select a time, such as 15 minutes and this would stay this way until removed within the app. Then, any time that particular switch is pressed, the light, fan, etc. would stay on 15 minutes (or any amount pre-selected) and then turn off.
I see this being used in the following types of scenarios:
1) Switch is controlling a bathroom fan and it is desired to stay on 15 minutes and then shut off any time the button is pressed.
2) Switch is controlling bathroom heat lamp and it is desired to stay on only 30 minutes at a time.
3) Switch is controlling a hallway light and it is desired to stay on for 3 minutes to give the user time to get to their bedroom and then automatically turns off.
4) Switch is controlling a food pantry light and it is desired to stay on for 1 minute will grabbing something from a shelf and then automatically turns off.
5) Switch is controlling a garage light and it is desired to stay on for 3 minutes to allow user to get from their vehicle to inside their house and then automatically turns off.
I realize there is a timer function within the app, but it would be nice if you could select a preset in the app that would stay the same every time a given switch is pressed locally.
Thank you. You guys do great work and we love all your products!