Missing static IP definition when configured as AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-04 10:11:35
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I think this message is a feature request more than a bug or anything else. Among all the missing features that I can find in Deco M9 (which lacks many many things compared to the competition) one which caused me some troubles some weeks ago is that you cannot assign static IPs to you modules when you are in access mode.

To answer to those who would like to help and will say "go into you router and defined static DHCP leases" no, this has technically nothing to do with it, this is not the same feature. When you router or internet box is broken, that you do not have any DHCP alive on your network, you want some of you basic elements to be working. This is why you need to setup you AP with static IPs, out of the DHCP range, so that they will never rely on something else.

I hope my requirement is clear enough, and I do not understand why so many basic features, sometimes available in other tp link products, are not available here. Create an expert mode if you fear that this features are complex for your target audience, but not providing this by default is a pity. Really ! 

Thanks

Guillaume

Options
2 Reply
Re:Missing static IP definition when configured as AP
2021-02-07 08:35:02

@GuiPoM 

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Did you want to set up the static IP address directly on the Deco when it is on the access point, instead of reserving the IP address on the front DHCP router?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Missing static IP definition when configured as AP
2021-02-07 18:46:10

@TP-Link 

Yes !

Is it something that can already be done ? surprise

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 2

Related Articles