Problems with photos and videos on facebook apps (whatsup, facebook, instagram)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-05 14:45:29 - last edited 2022-04-18 09:31:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi!

I use Deco M5 for a long time whith no problems.

A few days ago I can't see videos and images from whatsups and instagram.

If I set the M5 to AP its works ok, but if is on router mode de problems returns

I try a lot of diferents configurations, change DNS, disable antivirus, disable parent control, but whit no lock. Its only works when is an Access Point.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

PD: All divices same problem. Tablets, phone, PC. If I change to another wifi works fine

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problems with photos and videos on facebook apps (whatsup, facebook, instagram)-Solution
2021-02-07 12:26:15 - last edited 2021-02-08 07:42:54

@TP-Link 

Hi! Thanks four your answer. First of all its working now. I have the problem for 3 days so i switch to AP since I send the question to the forum.

im from Argentina. My ISP Is Telecentro. I use the deco as a router for 6 months with no problems. It only happends on Facebook world. YouTube or other videos or social media were working fine. There were no error messages, its like "charging" When i see your reply i switch de Deco from AP to router so i Will try DNS 8.8.8.8. but i switch and try first as default options and it works now!! With no changes. Thanks a lot! Sorry about muy english 

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Problems with photos and videos on facebook apps (whatsup, facebook, instagram)
2021-02-07 06:15:55 - last edited 2021-02-07 06:18:34

@aripetre 

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Would there be any changes recently?

And is there any error message when you failed to see videos and images from WhatsUp and Instagram?

Except the WhatsUp and Instagram, would YouTube and Twitter, other social media still work fine?

Have you tried to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to have a look?

By the way, could you please provide your network structure to me, such as:

ISP router—main Deco—Wi-Fi—other Deco notes;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Problems with photos and videos on facebook apps (whatsup, facebook, instagram)-Solution
2021-02-07 12:26:15 - last edited 2021-02-08 07:42:54

@TP-Link 

Hi! Thanks four your answer. First of all its working now. I have the problem for 3 days so i switch to AP since I send the question to the forum.

im from Argentina. My ISP Is Telecentro. I use the deco as a router for 6 months with no problems. It only happends on Facebook world. YouTube or other videos or social media were working fine. There were no error messages, its like "charging" When i see your reply i switch de Deco from AP to router so i Will try DNS 8.8.8.8. but i switch and try first as default options and it works now!! With no changes. Thanks a lot! Sorry about muy english 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Problems with photos and videos on facebook apps (whatsup, facebook, instagram)
2021-04-26 18:59:57

@TP-Link  hello, I'm having the same issue.  I recently installed a Decco M4 and in all my devices Instagram app is now showing the posts or histories.   If I disconnect my Wifi and uses the phone data, Instagram works perfectly.  This did not happen with my previous Linksys router.

My network structure is:  Main Internet provider Router --> Decco M4 # connected using ethernet cable --> Decco #2 an #3 wireless connected to Decco #1.

I try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8  / 8.8.4.4 but same results.

Could you please help me understanding why could this be happening?

Thanks!

Fernando

Options
2021-04-26 19:51:42
Sorry, I want to mention that is NOT showing app information.
Options
2021-04-27 01:26:03

@fmgb29 

Hi, Thanks for your feedback.

Can I have some pictures before the device is connected to the Deco, Instagram app is displaying normally, but after that it is no longer showing?

May I know the model number of your ISP provider Router and did Deco M4 also work on the wireless router mode, or access point mode?

And what are these devices that had the issue with the Instagram app?

Thank you very much

Options
2021-12-31 07:25:15

@aripetre If you want to enlarge an instazoom profile picture, you need to know how to download it. By default, Instagram doesn't allow users to enlarge their profile pictures.

Options
2022-03-04 10:16:34 - last edited 2022-03-07 01:46:04

I have never come across such a case
if you want to instagram photos i will gladly share with you

If you want to enlarge your profile picture, you can refer to instazoomhd

Options
2022-04-18 02:49:48 - last edited 2022-04-18 07:08:12

@aripetre You should use: https://instazoom.mobi/tr/

aripetre wrote

Hi!

I use Deco M5 for a long time whith no problems.

A few days ago I can't see videos and images from whatsups and instagram.mobi/tr.

If I set the M5 to AP its works ok, but if is on router mode de problems returns

I try a lot of diferents configurations, change DNS, disable antivirus, disable parent control, but whit no lock. Its only works when is an Access Point.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

PD: All divices same problem. Tablets, phone, PC. If I change to another wifi works fine

Options